YFZ banshee with FMFs

matt1

Looking great! Are you using pods? How does the fit feel to you?

I think the fit was pretty good, I had to cut and bend the pipes a fair bit but not too bad. I am waiting on my pods, chain, 42t sprocket and a few other odds and ends. I spent a good bit of time studying pictures of every body elses before starting. I could never get my left pipe to sit as high as my right but I got fairly close. I plan on building sheetmetal air box eventually to protect my pods but for now I will probably just run open pods. I am also waiting on my oversize tank to arrive. I don't think the pipes stick out far enough to be a problem moving around and I can't wait to take it for a ride and see how it handles. I actually have never rode a yfz 450 before so I am interested to see what it feels like.

• 3 weeks later...

finally got to ride mine today and it ran great all day with no problems. Put the bike on the scales and it weighed 365 with oil, water and no gas. the balance on the bike was 49.8% rear and 50.1% left side. I have holeshot HD( 20 rear 23 front) tires with a fairly heavy set of wheels( T9s I think). Anyone got scale numbers on a banshee once you put pipes on it? factory pipes are pretty heavy. I will post some more pics tomorrow when I get it cleaned up.

I ve got a set of digital scales for our circle track car. No overheating issues, as a matter of fact my phone fell out of my pocket and I rode for about an hour at first gear speeds trying to find it. The tank is an IMS 3.6 I believe, I got it used on ebay for 55 bucks and did not pay attention to the brand. I had to relocate the fuel petcock to the center of the tank because it came out right on top of my spark plug. I installed a cascade chain tensioner today because the return side of the chain was too close to the lower frame rail. If you have never used one you should check it out, it keeps the top side of the chain tight while allowing you to leave plenty of slack for suspension travel. This bike has soo much more forward bite than a banshee frame it is crazy, pulling the tires up in the trails is much easier due to the increase in traction.

I also made a plus 2 steering stem which I feel is a must if you are over 5' 5". I probably have 30 or 40 hours tied up in the build but I was not in a big hurry either.

• 4 weeks later...

Took the bike out to the Osceola Forrest this past weekend and it worked great! Way more comfortable on long rides than the banshee. Just to let the Florida riders know the Osceola Forrest is currently dry and good for riding. Did not come across hardly any trails that required you to ride thru water.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...