need to beat 450r

gh2010ism

Upgrade your clutch fibers and springs. Try some gearing and air down. Go race him in the sand you will win on pump gas with 145 psi.

Who ported the bike?

Are you launching in second gear?

How much wheel spin are you getting?

I have billet basket and a F.a.s.t racing clutch 6 hard springs with the ez pull clutch lever. I did air down a good bit I had 18 inch tires on but I put a 17 tooth front sprocket to counter the tire size and left the 41 tooth on back I also have a plus 6 swingarm and have timing advanced to plus 4.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he beats raptors and a piped banshee will beat a raptor pretty bad. So If you have 79 you should be wiping your ass with his bike, yet your not. Sorry man but either your running mid 50hp or your a bad rider. Or a combination of both. A 79hp banshee would destroy a 50hp R. Something isn't right here, are you sure your bike is even ported?

I promise my bike is ported brandon at wild card racing did an aggressive dune port that put 60 hp down on the dyno then I had craig at cp customs do more port work to the bike. The only thing I can think of is the little tires with the bigger front sprocket just isn't enough tire to the ground and its not hooking up good. Are the weight difference is whats doing it since the banshee weighs about 40 pounds more than the 450r but his bike does run pretty strong alot stronger than I thought it would..

Not by any means was that directed towards you, I did specify that if his #'s are true and he putting down 80Hp the problem is elsewhere, possibly the rider

Joe

Listen I'm am not being cocky in any way I can ride pretty good I grew up with a banshee around. I am not saying this bike has 79 hp when I had it dyno tuned thats what the dyno said. When I built the bike it was just to race my friends 4 pokes and give them something to cry about lol.. One of my friends has this 450r that is not stroked but with his mods which are hrc, pipes, dyno box, lowering kit and maybe a few other little things from a roll they are dead even. Now on a longer race I will pull away but not in 300ft so I was just trying to figure out what to do to this stock stroke bike to make it get there quicker. I Weigh about 180 and I have no doubt that with a 120lb rider it would take his bike as is... We raced from a roll a good bit to try to take out the traction factor and as I have said they are even. I have check my plugs they are tan and I have a nology coil bike runs good so unless the 18 inch tires or just spinning the whole time even from a roll. Maybe the t5 are not letting the port work do its job I dunno. I thought just like all of you and thats why I built the banshee to kill the 4 pokes what I am finding out is yes the banshee can be faster no doubt but the 4 pokes just are not as much of a push over as they used to be...

HOLY SHIT......i didn't even know a 17 tooth sprocket could fit up front. There's yoru damn problem. go down to a 14 or 15 (tops!) and you'll be spanking the shit out of him... your gearing the damn bike to be a top end bike but expecting it to run super hard down low....doesn't work. just put a 14 on it and SIT FORWARD....especially if your used to the 17 tooth up front.

Like almost 30+ HP and can't beat a 450 in a drag and then can Even swap rides and can't beat him and it's not the rider come on

did you see where he posted that hes running a 17tooth front sprocket? shit you could put a pro rider on it and he'd still get a shit kickin' from a stock shee or that 450. He's got it geared WAY too high.

HOLY SHIT......i didn't even know a 17 tooth sprocket could fit up front. There's yoru damn problem. go down to a 14 or 15 (tops!) and you'll be spanking the shit out of him... your gearing the damn bike to be a top end bike but expecting it to run super hard down low....doesn't work. just put a 14 on it and SIT FORWARD....especially if your used to the 17 tooth up front.

We raced with a 14 tooth in the front to start with and he put a bike length on me I changed to the 17 tooth and we where dead even we raced a bunch of times with both same outcome. I have 18 inch tires on the back and need the higher gearing to equal bigger tires.