how to fix hard throttle?

medley

here is my take on a stiff throttle..

clean the entire thumb throttle assembly, lube the thumb shaft. make sure the housing is sealed. lube the cable with a proper cable lubber dont use chain lube use either cable lube OR cheapo spray lube from walmart.. ( yes i said it).

clean the carbs and the slides up clean the area where the slide goes extra well. check the slides for being either chrome plated or std non plated, as both were avaialble non chrome plated will grove out and stick realy bad. if after that you still think the throttle is to stiff sell the bike and go play video games. my wife's turdwagon has twin 38mm lectrons and she never bitches about the pull.

here is my take on a stiff throttle..

clean the entire thumb throttle assembly, lube the thumb shaft. make sure the housing is sealed. lube the cable with a proper cable lubber dont use chain lube use either cable lube OR cheapo spray lube from walmart.. ( yes i said it).

clean the carbs and the slides up clean the area where the slide goes extra well. check the slides for being either chrome plated or std non plated, as both were avaialble non chrome plated will grove out and stick realy bad. if after that you still think the throttle is to stiff sell the bike and go play video games. my wife's turdwagon has twin 38mm lectrons and she never bitches about the pull.

i have been riding for 20yrs and know its not supposed to be this stiff. i know the springs are stiffer in these than the stock ones. i am just looking for a way too make it easier. i have had the carbs apart 20x's and the slides are fine and there chrome.

how is the calbe routed? is it in the right spot? even a new cable should be lubbed. lube goes a long way in making things slippy slide when they dont really want to

I was gonna say check the routing too, the routing goes a long way as far as how easy and hard it can be. I once had a moped that had a hard throttle, rerouted it and was 10x easier, same with clutch cable on my mustang, but I vote for the easier carb springs.