help- banshee wont run right

BLK'N'YELLOW

ok so i have the trinity stage 4 2 into 1 carb , been having this real weird problem ,

it all started when i was driving it and all the sudden it would just start to rev out idle hi and die on me and could not get it started,

friend told me sounds like its going lean , i clean carb all new jets, wire poked thru all holes,

wouldnt start, untill i sprayed starting fluuid in it then it ran great and idled,

now it did same thing again , reved out on its own, and wont start, so i sprayed it , it started, so i started to play with the choke, pulled it up and it reved out hi and died, well i turned it off,. and now it wont start again ,

i dont get it ?

now it wont start unless i spray a lil in there, how is the pilot not working but after it starts it will idle,

and how does pulling the choke up mess it up makes it rev out hi and now wont restart on its own ?

thx for the help

sounds like you need to tear your carbs ALL the way down and clean everything in them. THEN i would suggest you build a leak down tester and do a leak down test on your motor. Because it slightly sounds like you may have an air leak and that is what is keeping it from starting and when it does start....reving to the moon. BUT it is also odd sounding because you state that when you pull the choke it started to rev more.......which is odd because if you choked it and it had an air leak it should have lowered the rev's some....

ok, so there is no tors , its removed,

ok float ima check and clean the crap outta the carb 'again' lol ,

the fuel petcock is brand new oem ,

i bought quad with the 2 into 1 on it,

what the o ring kit deal ? where does it go maybe thats it ?

ill check gas cap ,

yes its weird, ima play with it more tmarrow, but after i prime it with a spray down the carb in runs, u can shut it off and restart it with a simple kick ,

but for chits n giggles i pulled choke its new to, and it started to ruv to the moon so i quickly shut it off, then i tried restarting it choke in and out, wont do crap untill i prime it again with a lil spray down the carb b4 i start it,

i put all new jets in it and cleaned the crap out of it, even tried a fuel filter, but took that off for now till i figure this out , lol

Edited by BLK'N'YELLOW

I would check the fuel petcock and vent hose and cap.might be plugged up,giving you the lean condition.

I was thinking more along the lines of that. By pulling the choke you are using more fuel and by the sounds of it sucking all the fuel from your bowl. Also check the float needle valve to make sure there isn't an obstruction preventing fuel from flowing through.

my one with the same single setup was doing this. i think i put it down to not having enough fuel in the tank. the last time it did it i was in the "on" position on the fuel switch and it did it and i wasnt happy. so i turned it off. then my mate says put it on reserve so i did that and then it was fine. thought i had plenty of fuel in it.

also did it a couple of times to discover the fuel was turned off.

so i put mine down to the high revving thing all bikes do when they suck that last bit of fuel out before it runs out and die.

i was thinking it was a float level problem but after i put it in reserve and then thought about the previous ones i then put it down to being it using the last bit of fuel before the source is cut off.

after the reserve turning on time i havent had a problem with it doing it and now have it running perfect. (got the bike not running. replaced cdi and magneto then had this high revving thing)

might not help ya. but i thought i had heaps of fuel in it at all times but seems the reserve is at about quarter tank