FmF Gold Series.

DieselJonny

I got a Banshee a few months ago has FMF gold series the flat black one apparently, the have brand new FMF PowerCores stingers. Well the Powercores are not Forest service approved or have spark arrestors so I am looking to trade them out for Cascade Innovations stingers. Would my gold series fit the Cascades or do I need to get new headers to go with them?

I wanting to know because I really want to avoid a ticket here in Oregon. Looking to make my Banshee quieter but not sacrifice on power. So advice on other systems would do wonders for me guys New to the Two stroke bikes been A 4 thumper all my life. Fell in love with the haul balls of the banshee last riding season.

The Turbine Cores will satisfy the spark arrestor requirement, but they will NOT be quiet enough for the Oregon Dunes. When you buy the Cascade CSFX silencers, they come with new stingers to fit the expansion chambers that you have. BUT, I don't know if they have a stinger for the Gold Series pipe. We are running the Fattys with their stingers/silencers, I don't know if the Fatty stingers will work with the Gold Series. When we bought them a year ago, we bought the last set of Fattys stingers they had. Call Cascade and see what they have in stock and if it will fit your expansion chamber. With the economic down turn, I don't think their production runs are as big as they used to be and they don't do another run until they sell out of what they have. When Kevin and Becky owned Cascade, they would custom make a set of stingers for ANY brand of pipe, but since they sold it the new owners only do the stingers for a select group of pipes.

Edited by bansheesandrider

I took my cores out and welded in some washers that fit inside the core. The washer wher also cut in half and staggered all the way down the core tube. Try to find non galvanized washers just plain steel with oil coat is best. Zinc is ok. The pipes where so much quieter. Power was still the same. I think 8 or 9 half washers per side. And also had the spark arrester too.

I got a Banshee a few months ago has FMF gold series the flat black one apparently, the have brand new FMF PowerCores stingers. Well the Powercores are not Forest service approved or have spark arrestors so I am looking to trade them out for Cascade Innovations stingers. Would my gold series fit the Cascades or do I need to get new headers to go with them?

I wanting to know because I really want to avoid a ticket here in Oregon. Looking to make my Banshee quieter but not sacrifice on power. So advice on other systems would do wonders for me guys New to the Two stroke bikes been A 4 thumper all my life. Fell in love with the haul balls of the banshee last riding season.

OK let me start by saying I have payed 2 noise tickets at the Oregon dunes.

Just a little heads up from my past dealings with the noise natzi on the dunes. 1st the csfx stingers claim to be Oregon forest service approved. To the best of my knowalge Oregon forest service requires 99db with the eception of the Oregon dunes and that is 92db. My good friend got a noise ticket with a set of csfx stingers that were fairly new (4 trips to the dunes if I remember right). Now keep in mind I am not downing the cascade silincers they are a GREAT product and cascade is a great place to do business.

With my many dealings with the popo I payed attention to what they had to say. I am in no way quoteing the law enforcement I am just stateing what I got out of it.

1. There are 2 different enforcements out on the dunes. Sherif's and Forest service

2. Sherif office doesn't enforce the noise as hard as forest service. They give tickets for noise but the sheriff's are a little more laxed. If you have a banshee with t5's and you are tested and you are at 98db they tell you to pack your silencers., But the forest service would give you a ticket.

3. On one of my tickets from forest service I asked them how do know mine is above the db limit buy just hearing me ride by you? They told me, 98% of banshees with aftermarket pipes are above the limit. Only t5's with the hush kit and stock pipes and silencers pass the 92db on a regular basis.

4. If you get a noise ticket they will drop the first ticket if you mail them a picture of your bike with stock pipes installed on it.

So IMHO Run the pipes you like, If you see forest service, go the other way without drawing attention, If you see sherif's, keep it cool and don't act stupid ride normal and you will probibly be ok. Every sherif I have delt with over there has told me they are not out to be a noise cop, if you are acting like an ass they might use noise as a reason to pull you over and talk to you but they realise its hard to get a nice performing quad to 92db(2 or 4 stroke).

If you get trapped in one of thier noise test traps they like to do keep this in mind, differnt years of banshees ommited higher db's than other years. I do not know what years omitted higher db's but this information is known to forest service so lets say a 92 shee was reported (to some goverment agency that forest service gets its info from) to omit 92 db stock and a 88 shee was reported to omit 87 db stock the forest service and sherif use this info to guage how over stock you are not just how loud you are, thus they can judge your disrespect for the laws. This is why the first thing noise natzi ask's you is what year is your banshee, then when you fail the noise test they say a 92 banshee only omitted 92 db. But lets say you measured 97 db thats only 5 db over what a 92 shee left the dealer with, Thats not bad and you minght get away with an fyi you need to pack your silencers. But in that same sinerio with an 88 shee would be you would be 10 db over stock and that raises eyebrows ....

I do not have or know the db for every year of shee but I know is different from year to year, I have seen the card they use 1 time and to the best of my memory it didn't follow a scale that said older shees were louder. It seemed to jump back and forth from year to year.

And just incase you didn't know, an USFS spark arrester is not required at the Oregon dunes.

Just an FYI to everyone, Coos county sherf has a banshee as one of their patrol atv's . It was built by bay city yamaha and it has csfx silencers on it. I have seen it and I have sat on it. No joken.

I wonder what db it's at?

I didn't mean for this to be so long winded, I just wanted to put this info out there.

Edited by FREAKSHOW

get a pic of the "gold series" markings. if they are the glod series/sigiature series from the 90's, which they do look like the torque version of them, then they will take the same stingers as toomy, and that should be the same mounting/spacing as the cascade, and that actually does make them run better than the fmf stingers.

fmf gold series sucks balls no matter what..

sst's and fattys are much better as far as a 'trail " pipe. i used a packing that looked like shreded t-shirts one time in fmf silencers, it made more motor noise than running noise at idle. it was nuts how quite it was.

Thanks, guys for the input it be really helpful for my headaches. I am going to sell them next winter when i strip down the bike to send the frame out to get powder coated But I will be getting cascade silincers.

AKheathen: Yes they are the Gold Series with the signature. Thanks I looked all over for info on them couldn't find anything on them again Thank you saved me some cash this year.

OK let me start by saying I have payed 2 noise tickets at the Oregon dunes.

Just a little heads up from my past dealings with the noise natzi on the dunes. 1st the csfx stingers claim to be Oregon forest service approved. To the best of my knowalge Oregon forest service requires 99db with the eception of the Oregon dunes and that is 92db. My good friend got a noise ticket with a set of csfx stingers that were fairly new (4 trips to the dunes if I remember right). Now keep in mind I am not downing the cascade silincers they are a GREAT product and cascade is a great place to do business.

With my many dealings with the popo I payed attention to what they had to say. I am in no way quoteing the law enforcement I am just stateing what I got out of it.

1. There are 2 different enforcements out on the dunes. Sherif's and Forest service

2. Sherif office doesn't enforce the noise as hard as forest service. They give tickets for noise but the sheriff's are a little more laxed. If you have a banshee with t5's and you are tested and you are at 98db they tell you to pack your silencers., But the forest service would give you a ticket.

3. On one of my tickets from forest service I asked them how do know mine is above the db limit buy just hearing me ride by you? They told me, 98% of banshees with aftermarket pipes are above the limit. Only t5's with the hush kit and stock pipes and silencers pass the 92db on a regular basis.

4. If you get a noise ticket they will drop the first ticket if you mail them a picture of your bike with stock pipes installed on it.

So IMHO Run the pipes you like, If you see forest service, go the other way without drawing attention, If you see sherif's, keep it cool and don't act stupid ride normal and you will probibly be ok. Every sherif I have delt with over there has told me they are not out to be a noise cop, if you are acting like an ass they might use noise as a reason to pull you over and talk to you but they realise its hard to get a nice performing quad to 92db(2 or 4 stroke).

If you get trapped in one of thier noise test traps they like to do keep this in mind, differnt years of banshees ommited higher db's than other years. I do not know what years omitted higher db's but this information is known to forest service so lets say a 92 shee was reported (to some goverment agency that forest service gets its info from) to omit 92 db stock and a 88 shee was reported to omit 87 db stock the forest service and sherif use this info to guage how over stock you are not just how loud you are, thus they can judge your disrespect for the laws. This is why the first thing noise natzi ask's you is what year is your banshee, then when you fail the noise test they say a 92 banshee only omitted 92 db. But lets say you measured 97 db thats only 5 db over what a 92 shee left the dealer with, Thats not bad and you minght get away with an fyi you need to pack your silencers. But in that same sinerio with an 88 shee would be you would be 10 db over stock and that raises eyebrows ....

I do not have or know the db for every year of shee but I know is different from year to year, I have seen the card they use 1 time and to the best of my memory it didn't follow a scale that said older shees were louder. It seemed to jump back and forth from year to year.

And just incase you didn't know, an USFS spark arrester is not required at the Oregon dunes.

Just an FYI to everyone, Coos county sherf has a banshee as one of their patrol atv's . It was built by bay city yamaha and it has csfx silencers on it. I have seen it and I have sat on it. No joken.

I wonder what db it's at?

I didn't mean for this to be so long winded, I just wanted to put this info out there.

I have noticed this about the sheriffs vs Forest Service Law enforcement. On the last trip I took with my old raptor 660, My 2 Stroke friends spent damn big chunk of change to keep the after market pipes. Well On this trip it was after one of the heavy weekend holidays, we all were nailing the trails at Florence having a great time not being unsafe being smart about everything. Coming out of a trail Forest service is blocking the trail we stop shut down and get off. The three of them proceed to be rude and throw claims around that they were trying to stop us for some time Because they heard us way back in the staging area. We offered to do the Db test. Skipped every one on a 4 stroke and went right for the guys on 2 strokes, and they passed Just barely really. But they Nailed one of us for not having spark arresters then told us Spark Arrester we were told "YOU HAVE TO HAVE ONE NO EXCEPTIONS" by Forest Service. The whole camping trip out of the dunes we saw nothing but the Forest service hounding the trails like speeding traps and nailing any one that sounded like it was over the limit. Acting very unprofessional in my opinion I understand enforcing the law but making it go to your head or just being super cop is old.

Thats my Two cents and thanks for getting that info out there Freakshow!

hmm maybe a bunch of you locals should get together and tell the sherriff you will vote his ass out if they dont change i am also tired of the total dickkhead rangers around here also seems there is nothign you can do. all they think is that we are fucking everything up but its OUR money thats keeping them employed.. and the park is there to let US use it. i can understand drunks and idiots being dumbasses and white trash jerks doing what they do best but some normal everyday americans who are just trying to actually enjoy their life instead of waste it away and they act like dicks..

I have noticed this about the sheriffs vs Forest Service Law enforcement. On the last trip I took with my old raptor 660, My 2 Stroke friends spent damn big chunk of change to keep the after market pipes. Well On this trip it was after one of the heavy weekend holidays, we all were nailing the trails at Florence having a great time not being unsafe being smart about everything. Coming out of a trail Forest service is blocking the trail we stop shut down and get off. The three of them proceed to be rude and throw claims around that they were trying to stop us for some time Because they heard us way back in the staging area. We offered to do the Db test. Skipped every one on a 4 stroke and went right for the guys on 2 strokes, and they passed Just barely really. But they Nailed one of us for not having spark arresters then told us Spark Arrester we were told "YOU HAVE TO HAVE ONE NO EXCEPTIONS" by Forest Service. The whole camping trip out of the dunes we saw nothing but the Forest service hounding the trails like speeding traps and nailing any one that sounded like it was over the limit. Acting very unprofessional in my opinion I understand enforcing the law but making it go to your head or just being super cop is old.

Thats my Two cents and thanks for getting that info out there Freakshow!

No problem, It seems I stuck my foot in my mouth as I got my info from sherif Dept. I have been though at least 10 sound checks by forest service and never once has a spark arrestor been addresed.

check this out, It states alot of good info if your into knowing the laws. It appears we need to carry a shovel and a gallon of water too.. I wonder when those checkpoints will show up.

My link

hmm maybe a bunch of you locals should get together and tell the sherriff you will vote his ass out if they dont change i am also tired of the total dickkhead rangers around here also seems there is nothign you can do. all they think is that we are fucking everything up but its OUR money thats keeping them employed.. and the park is there to let US use it. i can understand drunks and idiots being dumbasses and white trash jerks doing what they do best but some normal everyday americans who are just trying to actually enjoy their life instead of waste it away and they act like dicks..

It was Forest Service Rangers that were the issue the Sheriffs down at Florence and Coos Bay areas are usually great to work with if your not someone that inspects their sphincters on a hourly bases. Another place here in Oregon on the other hand Sand Lake its the other way around. Forest service are nice and the sheriff deputies are super cops specifically one bigger guy that incorrectly dose Db tests stated by the law on which they are to be done.

No problem, It seems I stuck my foot in my mouth as I got my info from sherif Dept. I have been though at least 10 sound checks by forest service and never once has a spark arrestor been addresed.

check this out, It states alot of good info if your into knowing the laws. It appears we need to carry a shovel and a gallon of water too.. I wonder when those checkpoints will show up.

My link

hmmm interesting they were all over us after the Db test looking for a reason to give us tickets. I had a small little is known muffler Lexx and searched the thing short of tearing it apart. Stamped into It is USFS approved apparently never saw it.

Also were supposed to have to the Shovel and Gallon of water is the off road operators licence with each their own class of off road equipment. Never been asked if I have one which I Do, Now on the shovel and water was told by Forest service (go figure) NO EXCEPTIONS! Well our dirt bike friends are trying to figure out how to care both items. Asked the the deputy at the staging area doing a helmet check on some kids and giving out stickers. He laughed and told us its not a have to unless its off the dunes on trails only parks.