brand new owner question about mix ratio

remi_357

hello everyone, im the new owner of a 2000 banshee. The guy i got it from said he ran castor 927 at 32:1. Castor 927 is not available here locally so im switching to klotz r50 for the cold weather and klotz super techniplate for the summer. I am wanting to know what the correct mix ratio i should be running. Also will the oil change affect the jetting? I am running 91 octane pump gas. That is the highest octane available here at the pumps. Here is a list of mods that i know about. thanks for helping a newbie out.....Ill try not to ask too meany dumb questions in my journey to learn.

fresh top end .40 over wisco pistons

cool head 21cc domes (155 psi in each cylinder)

k & n pod filters with outerwears

boss billet intake

tors removed

pro circuit pipes

trail ported

Edited by remi_357

hello everyone, im the new owner of a 2000 banshee. The guy i got it from said he ran castor 927 at 32:1. Castor 927 is not available here locally so im switching to klotz r50 for the cold weather and klotz super techniplate for the summer. I am wanting to know what the correct mix ratio i should be running. Also will the oil change affect the jetting? I am running 91 octane pump gas. That is the highest octane available here at the pumps. Here is a list of mods that i know about. thanks for helping a newbie out.....Ill try not to ask too meany dumb questions in my journey to learn.

I run the techniplate at 32:1

927.... 32:1

Uh didn't he say he could NOT get 927 locally? Why are you switching back and forth between oils in summer and winter? I run the R50 all year round at 40:1 whether I am at sea level in the Oregon Dunes or if I go up in elevation to St Anthony's. I used to run Benol at 40:1 also , until I had problems with carbon buildup in the wife's bike- she did not ride it hard enough. So we switch to the R50 in all the bikes and have had zero problems since- minimal plug fouling, no blown up motors or cranks, and exceptional piston/ring life between topend rebuilds.

Oh, and EVERYBODY I ride with runs it also, at 40:1 too.

Edited by bansheesandrider

Like I said I'm new, so I'm trying to learn. From what I read the techniplate cannot be used in the winter cause of separation. So I wanted to use it in warmer weather cause I read the 20% benol gives better protection. I figured switching oils in summer and winter was ok.

Am I way off base here?

Like I said I'm new, so I'm trying to learn. From what I read the techniplate cannot be used in the winter cause of separation. So I wanted to use it in warmer weather cause I read the 20% benol gives better protection. I figured switching oils in summer and winter was ok.

Am I way off base here?

I think you are better off choosng 1 oil and sticking with it year round. Unless you are racing or just totally running the crap out of it, the R50 will be just fine. Like I said before , everybody I ride with and myself use it year round and we have had zero problems or failures with it. I have at least six years on my topend and my compression has only dropped from 175 psi to 165 psi in that time.

927 is know to seperate at real cold temp that is why some switch from it. Also some oils such as 927 are good for Alky where as others are not. Just be sure to shake the tank. I run 40:1 Castor 927 all year. I find it funny everyone now runs 32:1 a few years ago everyone ran 40:1 some amsol guys ran 80:1 with the stuff thats good till 100:1. Must be a influx of new banshee riders. Most good premixs are good till 60:1. I run 32:1 for break in then switch to 40:1. Ive never seen anyone have a problem running 40:1 Id say 32:1 is over kill and certain castor oils will probably gunk up your engine more with a rato of 32 or lower. JMO.

Uh didn't he say he could NOT get 927 locally? Why are you switching back and forth between oils in summer and winter? I run the R50 all year round at 40:1 whether I am at sea level in the Oregon Dunes or if I go up in elevation to St Anthony's. I used to run Benol at 40:1 also , until I had problems with carbon buildup in the wife's bike- she did not ride it hard enough. So we switch to the R50 in all the bikes and have had zero problems since- minimal plug fouling, no blown up motors or cranks, and exceptional piston/ring life between topend rebuilds.

Oh, and EVERYBODY I ride with runs it also, at 40:1 too.

just saying what i was using. Yes I know he can't get 927...

• 2 weeks later...

Remi, we carry 927 IF you want it . I would run one kind of oil and stick with it. We have great luck with Klotz !!! Give me a hollar and i can bring some to Topeka when i come down..