getting a title to my banshee?

blubyyou

In North Carolina, you can buy an "indemnity bond". Essentially insurance against a vehicle being stolen so you can get a title for it. You buy the bond for 1.5 times the value of the vehicle, go to the DMV and fill out the affidavit that says that you don't have a title and why. Turn all the paperwork over to them and you get your title a couple weeks later.

I would think most states have some kind of procedure like this.

Good idea. I will look into this. Thanks.

I know in california to get a title if y ou simply lost it you apply for a new title. but lets say you bought it without a title. then you have to send a form to the last registered owner to the last known address and get him to sign it if they dont sign it the mail will be returned back to you if all goes planned. then you take that letter to the DMV if signed. if its simply returned then you have to go get a bond from a bails bondman to put a value on the atv and then go to the DMV and get your title. lots of wasted time so another words dont lose your title or get one with your atv. Sounds like i am speaking from experiance!!!

LOL. I think I'm just gonna buy an 06 frame with a title. Sounds much easier. I found one for about 700 shipped. Seems high but Idk.

Check on getting it shipped via Greyhound, the bus line. I bought a frame and paid less than half what other companies were going to charge.

It isn't as fast or convenient, you have to go to the bus station and pic it up, but if you aren't in a hurry it's well worth the wait.