paddles

909ChrisCUB

Hello everyone im new to this forum thing and i think its great. Wondering if u can all give me some advice i got a 4 milll cub that i just put together it runs great. i am pushing a 10 paddle but this weekend ran into someone that was getting me by half a bike up oldsmobile at glamis and he recommended running staggered paddles... good idea or bad? ....thanks

• 2 weeks later...

ita a 4 mill cub on alky, im running a charriot head on 20 domes, its on shearer drag pipes, vforce3 reeds and its on keihn 40mm carbs... after the build i put it on the dyno and it was pushing 101hp..bike runs really good. i amm pushing a 10 paddle but they recommended a staggered paddle and im gonna try to run the methanol m3 instead of regular methanol...what do you think??? and i am running a 14 in front and 42 in back gear wise and the bike still feels lean at the top so im thinking of going 15 - 43 and try that. when i first ran it i was pushing 14-44 but it was so lean that it startedmelting the plug so i put a 42 in the rear and it felt a little better but it still needs more.

Edited by 909ChrisCUB

I agree with Chris, if you just keep changing your gearing you will eventually get the right combination to overcome your lean jetting condition.

Don't listen to these guys who say your jetting is to lean, just keep with the re-gearing and you will eventually get it right.

Paddling up will help also, more hook will defiantly make your motor run more rich!

You seem like a very smart guy, you must know a lot because you have a 100 hp bike and have stumbled on the secret of re-gearing to overcome jetting that the rest of these guys haven't figured out yet so just keep on with what your doing as there is no further knowledge that can be gained here....

Since you have a possible lean condition you may want to build a leak down tester and look for a airleak

Something may have happend to start a lean condition after the dyno tuning

Can you post you air flow ratio chart so we can see what your afr was?

What dyno shop did you go too?