Idle gear sloppy

Well I have this knocking type noise...it's obviously coming from the bottom end...I've tried to do my research but the only thing that caught my eye is the idle gear...seems excessive but not too sure...trying to figure out without pulling off the basket...the clutch cover is already off. I can wiggle the idle gear pretty well...is it pose to be straight and wiggle free??

Ok thanks! As for the kick start gear...? It's very sloppy too!! I have a feeling it's the combination of the two makin the loud noise! Is that whole assembly gonna have to be replaced also?

Are you talking about the actual kicker gear or the gear on the back of the clutch basket?

The gear located on the kicker inside the case...also found something black crumbled up when I pulled off the white bushing and spring..I looked at a diagram.. Can't see any other bushing or o ring?? It was def brittle whatever it was a broke into a lot of pieces

Got any pictures? It's not the seal that goes in the side cover is it? There shouldn't be anything else on there.