elka shocks on my banshee

sstewart0023

hello banshee lovers, i just join the hq about a month ago and just bought my first banshee friday. its a white and blk 01 with a shit ton of add ons but what i want to kno is about the shocks....its got a re worked rear shock by pro action, and the front is a team alba kit. +2+1 alba aarms and elka shocks. my ? is are these elkas gna b soft or are they spose to spring the quad back up like a yzf 450 or any other factory res. shock. the rear shock dose pick the weight back up but the fronts just soke up any hit or bump like it aint there i kno u can adjust them how ever but ive never had some so i dnt kno what to expect. any help with this is greatly appriciated

welcome.

1st download (modzilla firefox) it's nice and has built in auto spell check. 2nd lets keep from bunching up the questions. and 3rd short handing words will only shorten the answers you receive.

if you are willing to do all that, there will be tons of members ready to help you.

hello banshee lovers, i just join the hq about a month ago and just bought my first banshee friday. its a white and blk 01 with a shit ton of add ons but what i want to kno is about the shocks....its got a re worked rear shock by pro action, and the front is a team alba kit. +2+1 alba aarms and elka shocks. my ? is are these elkas gna b soft or are they spose to spring the quad back up like a yzf 450 or any other factory res. shock. the rear shock dose pick the weight back up but the fronts just soke up any hit or bump like it aint there i kno u can adjust them how ever but ive never had some so i dnt kno what to expect. any help with this is greatly appriciated

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. If the shocks are soaking up every bump and hit like it isn't there, they're doing their job.

Pogo stick springy is bad. Sounds like they are pretty plush. If you'd like more rebound (spring up) then depending on the adjustability of the shocks you can adjust them to rebound quicker. but if they feel good when you ride then I wouldn't touch them.

Elks shocks have a serial number on them. (it's a small lazer etched number on the back side of the top mount.) Get those numbers and call Elka. They will know what those are set up for weight wise and be able to coach you through getting them dialed in for your needs. Sounds more like you back shock needs some adjusting......

Please don't text hear. Write. u = you, b = be, r = are... so take an extra second and type it out like you were in school. Thanks.

I greatly appreciate the advice from everyone that posted and did not mean to offend windycity. I understand that where YOU ARE from, YOU ALL pronounce every syllable in every word YOU say. People down south do not talk like YOU ALL. I will do my best to BE grammartically correct when asking any futher questions I may have.

Please refrain from being an ass. Thanks!

This is a banshee forum. When questions are asked, people expect answers, not an English lesson. Apparently, everyone understood my question, regardless of how it was typed out.

Apparently, everyone understood my question, regardless of how it was typed out.

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking.

Not so much which is why I asked. I'm generally pretty good at translating, but that one was pretty tough for me.

Anyways, to answer your second post: Yes, that is normal. You don't typically ride your bike while sitting on the bumper, which is why the front end doesn't spring back 100%.

haha.....windy was just saying it how some of us see it. It happens so often now and some of these guys (kids mostly) jack up their grammer SO bad that it takes about 4 people trying to decipher what the hell they were trying to say. We've seen some of them where no one has even bothered to respond because no one wanted to deal with the person typing it.

The BHQ has ALL ages.........really young teens to a few 60+ guys that were kicking around here. That's what makes this site/sport great. There are not a whole lot of sports where both a "almost" senior citizen can get out there and still lift the front end up in the air and amaze kids who are 20....and get praised for their skills.

We just hate seeing things typed like "u guys r gr8" it takes our old brains way too long to process what that kind of shit says. Dont even think about us trying to decipher that after drinking either. That will just be a sloppy mess. Either way many have figured that a few/lot of guys will give shit to people who type like that.......but have realized also they can get EVERYONE to understand their questions and get alot more responses if they just typed it out for 18 seconds more.

I think it's groovy that you mention us dudes (like me) that were born when dirt was still new and two strokes didn't have reed valves :jesterlaugh:. When you have done as many 12oz curls, consumed my fair share of street medicinals, and various types of naturally occuring substances , as I have, you tend to freak out. Wondering if you're having a flashback, get bummed out with all this jive ass shit. Hard enough trying to figure out accronims, cdi etc. banghead

It doesn't take a rocket mechanic to get on here and see that standard English is used. Even the young guys on Blaster Forum don't use txt lingo. You dig what I'm laying down?

There have been posts that I either can't understand or don't bother with because I have no clue what is asked. :confused:

:cheers: From the generation that brought you smiley faces, and the next generation that brought banshees

B C N U L8TR :jesterlaugh:

I think it's groovy

all this jive ass shit.

You dig what I'm laying down?

Damn you're old. Lol. What is that, 70's lingo? I feel ya though. If you want an intellegient answere, ask an intelligent question.