dune motor questions

bad 350 shee

well iv got me suspension stuff done now i want to do the motor i have k&t drag ported cyls, i want to run it with fmf sst's because i have a nice set and dont wanna mess with clamp on spark arestors. for carbs im wanting to go 30mm i was thinking about getting two 30 mm oko's are they anygood or maybe 28pwk's? i dont want to spend 400 on carbs is why im asking and will they fit stock intake and my pods or no? but heres the big question i have. am i going to beable to run it with a stock head thats been milled 20 thousands? i run 93oct on my current motor is there anyway i will be able to still run 93 or will i have to run race fuel with a drag port? i know it will not run to full potential but im running a +4 swingarm and 10 paddles i think with much more it would need a over ride, lockout and longer swingarm/bigger paddles im trying to do this as cheap as i can.. thanks guys

Those fmf's are gonna choke the hell outta those k&t drag ported cylinders. Either set of carbs will work, but once again considering the port work I'd say you would be better off with something bigger. Port work shouldn't effect what octane fuel you need. Timing and compression are the two big factors.

Those fmf's are gonna choke the hell outta those k&t drag ported cylinders. Either set of carbs will work, but once again considering the port work I'd say you would be better off with something bigger. Port work shouldn't effect what octane fuel you need. Timing and compression are the two big factors.

i understand there going to choke it out. and little by little it will someday get better pipes, probably cpi's and 35pwk's but i have everything to do it other then carbs. id just like to beable to ride it while i wait for a good deal

i understand there going to choke it out. and little by little it will someday get better pipes, probably cpi's and 35pwk's but i have everything to do it other then carbs. id just like to beable to ride it while i wait for a good deal

There should not be that big of a price difference between the 28 PWKs and the 35 PWKs so if you are going to go with the 28s, just get the 35s now. Some guys have had good luck with the OKOs and other guys have had problems with them. They are a cheap knockoff of the Keihin carbs from China or Taiwan.

There should not be that big of a price difference between the 28 PWKs and the 35 PWKs so if you are going to go with the 28s, just get the 35s now. Some guys have had good luck with the OKOs and other guys have had problems with them. They are a cheap knockoff of the Keihin carbs from China or Taiwan.

its not the carb price its the intake,pods,outerwears, but im not sure i might run stockers for a bit. after Christmas i should have more money i might just buy a new set of pj's i really like them lol

Trade your cylinders for an aggressive dune port setup, then run your bolt ons. For the best final result, parts need to work in harmony with each other, not against.

Drag cylinders with small carbs suck.

Pipes designed for midrange don't work well on cylinders set up for high RPM.

Dragger motors are far from optimum for duning...in fact, they make for a miserable time (comparatively).

For duning, you want midrange snap and mid/high.

Not only the last 3000RPM the motor can deliver.

its not the carb price its the intake,pods,outerwears, but im not sure i might run stockers for a bit. after Christmas i should have more money i might just buy a new set of pj's i really like them lol

I like 34 PJ's also. Here is a link to a used set for sale: http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=148415

Trade your cylinders for an aggressive dune port setup, then run your bolt ons. For the best final result, parts need to work in harmony with each other, not against.

Drag cylinders with small carbs suck.

Pipes designed for midrange don't work well on cylinders set up for high RPM.

Dragger motors are far from optimum for duning...in fact, they make for a miserable time (comparatively).

For duning, you want midrange snap and mid/high.

Not only the last 3000RPM the motor can deliver.

Drag cylinders with PWK 33's and T5's (or any other general purpose pipe) suck as well. Drag cylinders have no bottom and very little mid. Your fmf's are not going to improve bottom amd midrange of a drag cylinder. Then when you get to the top end where the drag ported cylinders excell your pipes are going to really choak it down. So you get none of the benifits of the parts your going to be running.

When I first built my banshee I had a Patriot Racing drag ported 4 mill on race fuel with PWK33's and T5's. It wanst real fun to ride. When I swapped to CPI's it was a lot better. It atleast made the power it was supose to. The only problem was it didnt fit my riding style or area. I do like to trail ride and dune. The drag port had a weak mid range. It had a real narrow power window.