Is a Yfz 450 frame lighter than stock banshee?

thomas h.

I know the answer. Would most agree that a banshee with the yfz450 front a arm conversion ( thanks mulletman ) weight about 351 lbs. This is what I got. Both bikes had about the same fuel. My frame conversion is about 337 lbs. So if your going for weight savings... But I hope a stock 450 is way heavier than us.

last time i rember scaling a tt banshee it was 415.

a yfz chassis with all the 4 stroke bs removed is going to be light.

a lighter chassis even 10lbs lighter is easier to toss around and will "feel" differnt when you ride it..

any weight gain you can get is beneficial plus with the mucho betta ergo's of the yfz, or other 450 based frame ( hehe) is nice too.

Stock banshee's weigh in at around 385 dry....atleast a-arm framed ones do. I wanna say j-arm framed banshees weigh in around 370lbs dry. I'm surprised 450's weigh so much less! makes kickin their asses that much more impressive. B)

Banshee manual says that the J-arms weighed 407 and the A's weighed 410 bone stock. I know I weighed my mildly modded shee a few years back. It had toomeys, +4 axle, works shocks, nerfs, douglas rims and a cheap Ebay +6 swingarm. It weighed in at 380 even. So No way is 337 an accurate measurement. Heck my full chromoly dune bike with a JJ+A billet axle and all the goodies is 301. (I'm about ready try running helium in the tires, cause I REALLY want to see 299.) LOL.

The SICK part of this, is that a NEW LT-450 weighs in at 415+. So much for aluminum frames and technology saving weight. :rolleyes: