My Banshee is Backfireing Plz Help

evorulz

I have just done a topend rebuild on my 2001 banshee and i got it started and it is backfireing from one cylinder and the other is still runing and blowing plenty of smoke i have tried pulling the carby's off and cleaning both idler jets and main jets (and the carby's are the standard eletric ones to)

I dont know what to do next oh and it won't idle

Plz Help

Yes it still has the tors conneted and i will try disconnecting them also the bike is really hard to start and some times it wont start and has to be push stated, but if you hold the throttle open and pore some fuel down the carbys it will start, i have checked commpresion and spark both are good and it has new spark plugs

when you ride it around it feels normal than one side will backfire anfter about 30 seconds of riding and the other side cylinder will just keep running.

i know at one point i had bad fuel or oil in the tank and it would run like shit and backfire. i would assume yours is fresh.

try for shits and giggles, switching the spark plug wires from side to side and see if the problem follows.

pull the carbs out and clean them thouroughly.....i mean take the pilot and main jets out also and then clean every hole and over-flow..... also make sure that you did not put your carb slides in backwards.....they should have the half moon cut out aiming townards the air filters.... Then disconnect the TORS unit AT THE BRAIN....which is the small black box under your gas tank on the left side of the bike. Check to make sure your choke tube.....the little black tube between the carbs is in place and ON THE CORRECT NUBS ON THE CARBS.....seen them get put on the wrong ones before. then report back.

also, make sure your carb bowls are on the correct carbs. there is a right and a left. the one that goes on the choke carb is drilled out and has the choke jet installed in it. you can see from the outside by looking on the side of the bowl that faces the cylinder and you will se a little brass bb in just the one bowl. it really sounds like it's just not getting fuel, and i'm assuming you choked it to start it. have you pulled the plugs and look at what they are telling you? if you do not find anything in the fuel, airleak, spark, or comression area, look at your pipes/silencers for restriction/fuel/debris, and check the reeds for cracking or gapping