421 Serval setup!

figjam

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you let 3 out of 60 extreme dunable that didn't work out of the hundreds greg has cut/nodded scare you away? Lmao we should also stop running wiseco pistons since a few has failed in the past... greg does top notch work

I live in SA, if anything get shipped over here and there is an issue, it needs to go back, and its not cheap.... Even if there are a few that might take the back loading I am still not convinced.... I also want a 1-6 and at that time it was only the WCR extremes that was available that I knew of......

Edited by 2strokespirit

I have a 421 serval mild port job running alky and running a stock trans and stock clutch and I haven't had any shifting problems and I drag race. With that being said I will be getting a override and lock up just to pick up 2-3 bikes in a race. Oh I run sniper pipes but you can't go worng with shearers.

Thanks Magget, you don't even run a billet basket or hd clutch??

No I don't but if you can get one it wouldn't hurt. I just got lucky with my set up but like I said I'm going to a billet basket and lock up with a override now that I race more than I dune. If you have anymore ? Just pm me.

I've got a 4mil serval running 35pwks and R2pipes with stock tranny and fasts clutch with heavy springs and it does great. Shifts perfect. I use it as mainly a trail bike but took it to Phil's drag race a couple weekends ago and it did great. I only had 8 paddle haulers in real bad shape like missing paddles and I ran a 4.6 I believe. So no need for a lockup or over-ride. They could help a little but not nessicary.

So you let 3 out of 60 extreme dunable that didn't work out of the hundreds greg has cut/nodded scare you away? Lmao we should also stop running wiseco pistons since a few has failed in the past... greg does top notch work

Well said, I have a WCR extreme override, we did send it back to wcr before installing and let him work out the bugs he was having, It has been in my bike for well over a yr and it is bullet proof. I ride extremely hard and i put major abuse on this thing and i haven't had a single problem.

I have a 4mil stock cylinder bike with over 80hp, i went through 3 tranny's before the override, i trail ride and i was against it in the beginning, Im so used to it now that it doesn't even matter.. I will be honest, if you mainly trail ride, a override takes some getting used to for sure.

joe

For a stock frame running 9 paddle haulers it will beat some of the cubs but would get my ass handed to me by the 10mils.

What kind of numbers are you running and how does it do on alky.

Well said, I have a WCR extreme override, we did send it back to wcr before installing and let him work out the bugs he was having, It has been in my bike for well over a yr and it is bullet proof. I ride extremely hard and i put major abuse on this thing and i haven't had a single problem.

I have a 4mil stock cylinder bike with over 80hp, i went through 3 tranny's before the override, i trail ride and i was against it in the beginning, Im so used to it now that it doesn't even matter.. I will be honest, if you mainly trail ride, a override takes some getting used to for sure.

joe

I was wondering what had happened with those extreme overrides...after hearing they've worked the kinks out it's got me interested in gettin one again.

Hey Donkey how are you man?? Jugs are running great by the way.... But after riding the serval - sheesh! What a machine! haha, those old jugs are now going into the wife's banshee after I finish building up this motor!!

Ok, so a couple of guys on here are definitely sure that I can run without lockup and override. In that case...Will a 7 plate clutch be enough? The mattoon machine billet basket can be run with a 7/8 plate setup, but as I understand het you'd need a different inner hub to run a 8 plate clutch? Am I correct? I know this is a lot of money, but I know one guy is running this setup - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Banshee-RZ350-Hinson-Billet-Basket-Inner-Hub-Pressure-Plate-8-Plate-Clutch-/350502613483?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item519b9571eb#ht_1608wt_1163 - What do you think?

Yes I'm order to run a 8 plate you would need a different basket. As far as needing it I would say no. You don't really need a 8 plate till you get into real high hp.

This is my 10mil serval with 6in swingarm and paddle tires I'm 300+lbs and the clutch won't slip at all it's a stock basket and a clutch that ECA puts together 3 stock springs and 3 of ECA heavy springs I have launched in third on dirt it does not slip.

I have probably 15 or so trips on the setup so far so good..!!!

In the video you will see me slam third a few times on the hill my bike just has a mod shift star and cut trans which I did myself, it shifts like a dream a bunch have people rode it and all liked it.!!!

So if you have cam cut your trans I'm sure you will be happy.

Hope this helps

Oh and get new pipes if you can

Yes I'm order to run a 8 plate you would need a different basket. As far as needing it I would say no. You don't really need a 8 plate till you get into real high hp.

Well I'm looking at the mattoon machine billet basket which can be used with a 7 OR 8 plate clutch and a driveline HD clutch with heavy springs