Banshee REBUILD! Need Help.

Okay so i have 93 banshee. mostly stock, only has fmf fatty pipes and k&n filters.

so i have 700 dollars a month left over that i can waste,

so i want to buy parts to make her fast,

i want to make her a beast BUT not for drag racing.

i want her to be fast and look beautiful.

any engine kits? pipes? or what to get to make her fast and still be able to go riding around in dirt and all that.

i think CPI out of frame pipes would look beautiful, but idk if they're suited to be riding around in the dirt and all that.

so any help would be appreciated.

Okay so i have 93 banshee. mostly stock, only has fmf fatty pipes and k&n filters.

so i have 700 dollars a month left over that i can waste,

so i want to buy parts to make her fast,

i want to make her a beast BUT not for drag racing.

i want her to be fast and look beautiful.

any engine kits? pipes? or what to get to make her fast and still be able to go riding around in dirt and all that.

i think CPI out of frame pipes would look beautiful, but idk if they're suited to be riding around in the dirt and all that.

so any help would be appreciated.

On a budget of $700 I would send your cylinders to Wildcard Racing and have Brandon port them for your riding style.

With the left over money you could start finishing your bolt on mods, reeds...cool head or milled head...timing plate...etc. With a few more bolt ons and some good quality porting, your bike will be a whole new monster :bolt:

^^^^^ x 2 id port your stocks to ur riding style, shave your stock head for more comp, do a timing plate mod on ur stock plate.port your stock reed cages. im sure any builder can do all mentioned in one stop. you allways dont have to get new . ''mod what you got '' the pipes u have will work great .with jus that she'll make a noticable diff. if money allows get a 4mil crank first and have it ported for the xtra stroke ............youll be glad you did later. goodluck

Edited by shakar

You say youhave 700 a month left over to spend so I am assuming you are going to spend more than just one month on this project? I would talk to a few of the site sponsors on here and decide which one you wanted to have port your stock cylinders. I would say go with a 4 mill crank a cool head and get a set of V Force reeds and advance your timing. You will have a totally different machine and you will love the power differance.

On a budget of $700 I would send your cylinders to Wildcard Racing and have Brandon port them for your riding style.

With the left over money you could start finishing your bolt on mods, reeds...cool head or milled head...timing plate...etc. With a few more bolt ons and some good quality porting, your bike will be a whole new monster :bolt:

I Said 700 A Month To Use,

You say youhave 700 a month left over to spend so I am assuming you are going to spend more than just one month on this project? I would talk to a few of the site sponsors on here and decide which one you wanted to have port your stock cylinders. I would say go with a 4 mill crank a cool head and get a set of V Force reeds and advance your timing. You will have a totally different machine and you will love the power differance.

Yes, 700 Dollars A Month Left Over.

And How Much Do You Think They'd Charge To Port The Cylinders?

Yes, 700 Dollars A Month Left Over.

And How Much Do You Think They'd Charge To Port The Cylinders?

with 700 a month, save up for a few months and you could build a nice nice motor. Most sponsors charge anywhere between 200-400 to port, just depends on what kind of porting you want. A trail port will be a cheaper price, and of course a drag port will be at the top of the price list.

700 a month into an IRA or mutual fund, unless you are fully funding a retirement already. Also make sure you have 3-6 months living expenses stored away in an emergency fund. Ive seen too many people here build a nice machine, only to have some life event happen, and they have to sell it for pennies on the dollar. After that, it's a ported 4 mil.

<br />700 a month into an IRA or mutual fund, unless you are fully funding a retirement already. Also make sure you have 3-6 months living expenses stored away in an emergency fund. Ive seen too many people here build a nice machine, only to have some life event happen, and they have to sell it for pennies on the dollar. After that, it's a ported 4 mil.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Best advice ever. Well said sir!!

700 a month into an IRA or mutual fund, unless you are fully funding a retirement already. Also make sure you have 3-6 months living expenses stored away in an emergency fund. Ive seen too many people here build a nice machine, only to have some life event happen, and they have to sell it for pennies on the dollar. After that, it's a ported 4 mil.

I'm only 16 with extra cash to spare.

I'm only 16 with extra cash to spare.

OK.... so you are 16. with extra cash to spare. Awesome! Now if someone my age (45) would have made me smarter, and told me about mutual funds, and really encouraged me to start one. If I would have started around 18, or 16.... I would be a millionaire right now! But Im not, so PLEASE LISTEN TO ME!! Dude do 200-300 bucks a month into a mutual fund (for the rest of your life) , and spend the rest of the money on saving for a ported 4mil. Start now, and always pay yourself first!!!!!! And don't ever let pussy or anything else get in the way....listen.... I wish someone had told me (and I had listened).

Good Luck!

This is the best advice given. A++++++++++++++++

OK.... so you are 16. with extra cash to spare. Awesome! Now if someone my age (45) would have made me smarter, and told me about mutual funds, and really encouraged me to start one. If I would have started around 18, or 16.... I would be a millionaire right now! But Im not, so PLEASE LISTEN TO ME!! Dude do 200-300 bucks a month into a mutual fund (for the rest of your life) , and spend the rest of the money on saving for a ported 4mil. Start now, and always pay yourself first!!!!!! And don't ever let pussy or anything else get in the way....listen.... I wish someone had told me (and I had listened).

Good Luck!