Pancake bearing install (clutch lever upgrade too?)

Hey fellas, got a couple of questions. I just installed a pancake bearing in my bike and the body is slightly shorter than stock. Its hard to get the clutch to adjust correctly. I have had to tear it back down 3 times because the clutch starts slipping after a couple minutes of riding. I did not install it backwards because the top of the body were you can hold it with a wrench is sticking out and this is a brand new clutch cable. It also seems that overall adjustment is about 20% less than stock and there isnt much thread sticking out for the lock nut. Someone told me I need to upgrade my clutch lever to the ASV c5 lever (witch looks sweet) I also checked out the clutch adjustment thread on here to make sure I was adjusting it right. If any of yall have run across this let me know, thanks.

Usually the pancake bearing comes with 2 rods. 1 short rod and 1 long rod.

Mine did anyways...

Some engines need to usse the longer rod.

You sure you got your pressure plate installed right? arrows lining up with the inner hub arrows.

Actuator arm arrow lining up with arrow on casings.

Yup, I made sure all 3x I put her back together. And the ball bearing is in the shaft. The rod did look to be short, but I didnt measure it or match it with the stock. Were did you get your bearing.

Compare the new clutch cable to the old on and see if there is a huge difference in length.

Also as mentioned above check that your pressure plate markings are lined up with the clutch basket.

LInk in my signature has a how to vid covering clutch assembly.