hjr 4 mil cranks

bansheerilla

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A crank is only as good as the person assembling it!! You can have a perfect billet set of wheels with perfect pins, and tolerances, but if the guy putting it together doesnt know/care to assemble it and weld it properly as well as use QUALITY bearings you are still going to end up with a pile of shit..

i know hjr isnt casting his own cranks. thats just where this thread was heading..

i'm just tired of these being sold through vendors as "their" own crank. sometimes i get super budget builds needed and to stay in the budget i have to use one of denny's cranks. they are ok i havent had one in a motor for more than 2 years i personally will only use TDR and hotrods cranks in builds that matter. i dont do stuff over 10 mill so i dont use billet shit cranks and never will. i have had to turn a few away from lack of funds. if the webbs are black and the rods are brass colored and NOT shot peened or even polished its a wang crank. i dont know where the wsm or PG branded cranks come from but the couple that have drifted through here the rods seemed really thin in the middle. wangs cranks have been close on tolerance on the side to side measurement sometimes ZBUT never as bad as the wiseco crap cranks. i have had to grind welds out of hot rod cranks in the past to retrue them as well..

if you use quality parts and GOOD bearings and good rods and assemble it right it will be a good crank.. what else is there to wonder about?

"if you use quality parts and GOOD bearings and good rods and assemble it right it will be a good crank.. what else is there to wonder about? "

no reason to get defensive here. as i said before, joey and I were talking about these cranks few weeks back. it also came up from a buddy that there were some people who has these crank all out of wack, without much run time... yea great on paper Good bearings and Good rods will hold up fine, but the question is how do THESE rods and THESE bearings hold up...

This topic died fairly quick... Anyone pull one of these cranks out and spec em??

I also want to know what's up with these cranks. I'm leaning more towards a 4mil Hot Rods crank for my cub build because it's a proved fact that they are top notch quality. On another note if I had more good info on these "WANG" cranks I will try one of these. So I would like to know more about these cranks compared to a Hot Rods crank.

My buddy has a crank he got from partsdepo on eBay, I'm pretty sure it's a "Wang" crank. It's a 4mil stock cylinder drag ported. IMHO, it's pretty quick and we rev it to the moon. It's been up the hill a good 40+ runs and is still holding up.

Ok has he pulled the bottom end apart and mic'ed the crank? Just because it Dident go boom don't mean it won't...

Still lookin for auctual mesurments not "it still runs great"

Anyone. Buler Buler???