hjr 4 mil cranks

bansheerilla

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in a rider or goof off bike i would never rip the motor out, and mic the entire crank "just cause" i dont have that kind of time if it was set up well when it was installed, and welded it should be fine for quite some time. unless yoru going to actually send one and a few other cranks to a metalurgist AND POST THE GRAPHED RESULTS. then what really does micing it after running for a period of time prove? it just shows what normal wear would be for that particular crank in those particular motor set ups with that particular rider/ owners maintenance schedule. how can i get a crank in thats from a motor i have no control over how its ran if its dead revved to the freakin moon or if its putted in the trail by an old fart like me OR if its ran on varying mix ratios and the big filters fell off and the motor ate sand for a half hour..

as i've stated above. hotrods, OR tdr fordged. fuck billet cranks. if you really care about your build a 550- 700 dolla crank wont be much in the overall budget of the motor

i personaly have one of his 4 mill cranks and when i bought his package i wasnt on hq at the time im new to hq i had no knowledge of his cranks i assumed i was getting a hotrods my fault for not asking but i was not happy at all with the crank i would deff go with the hotrods the crank was .005 outa true and the pin that gets welded was acualy sticking out so far it was rubbing on the crank bearing and when i contacted him about it all i got was an offe3r for a email to a bunch of companys who would fix it so i was pretty pissed off crank being outa true was prob due to a roll at coalhill that i cracked my case on but the pin rubing on the bearing was unexecpable when i was purchasing all my parts and dealing with kevin he was a gentleman very helpful great guy great turn around time the hole 9 but when i went to see what he wanted to do about the the pin rubing on the bearing i got offered places to fix it so in my opion he dosnt stand by the cranks if you dont wana take my word for it my buddy is sleeper06 he personaly is building my motor and has the old crank i kno hes pretty well respected on here and known. The cranks are in my opinion are junk for the lil bit extra deff get a hotrod there a long rod crank compred to the short rod chineese crank i got from the 4 mill package ive now have a hotrods crank like i said after 4 tanks of fuel i had a lil wreck at coal hill witch cracked my cases i did not put the crank on a true stand when i bought it so its prob outa true from the wreck but what wasnt my fault was the pin sticking out welded rubing on the crank bearing witch u can clearly see so i just fig he woulda at least been like ship it to me nd let let me look at it and poss maybe meet me half way on a another crank but instead it kinda got brushed rite off nd offer a list of people to fix it if i didnt roll it nd had to do a tear down nd noticed the pin rubing on the bearing how long do u think it woulda lasted b4 if shaved a hole in the bearing case or had premature failure and once again the bearing is acualy a lil tuff to spin due to the pin rubing on it clearly had nothing to do with the wreck thats my experiance with the hjr cranks

i personaly have one of his 4 mill cranks and when i bought his package i wasnt on hq at the time im new to hq i had no knowledge of his cranks i assumed i was getting a hotrods my fault for not asking but i was not happy at all with the crank i would deff go with the hotrods the crank was .005 outa true and the pin that gets welded was acualy sticking out so far it was rubbing on the crank bearing and when i contacted him about it all i got was an offe3r for a email to a bunch of companys who would fix it so i was pretty pissed off crank being outa true was prob due to a roll at coalhill that i cracked my case on but the pin rubing on the bearing was unexecpable when i was purchasing all my parts and dealing with kevin he was a gentleman very helpful great guy great turn around time the hole 9 but when i went to see what he wanted to do about the the pin rubing on the bearing i got offered places to fix it so in my opion he dosnt stand by the cranks if you dont wana take my word for it my buddy is sleeper06 he personaly is building my motor and has the old crank i kno hes pretty well respected on here and known. The cranks are in my opinion are junk for the lil bit extra deff get a hotrod there a long rod crank compred to the short rod chineese crank i got from the 4 mill package ive now have a hotrods crank like i said after 4 tanks of fuel i had a lil wreck at coal hill witch cracked my cases i did not put the crank on a true stand when i bought it so its prob outa true from the wreck but what wasnt my fault was the pin sticking out welded rubing on the crank bearing witch u can clearly see so i just fig he woulda at least been like ship it to me nd let let me look at it and poss maybe meet me half way on a another crank but instead it kinda got brushed rite off nd offer a list of people to fix it if i didnt roll it nd had to do a tear down nd noticed the pin rubing on the bearing how long do u think it woulda lasted b4 if shaved a hole in the bearing case or had premature failure and once again the bearing is acualy a lil tuff to spin due to the pin rubing on it clearly had nothing to do with the wreck thats my experiance with the hjr cranks

I can't read this shit. Are you smarter than a 5th grader?

exuse my grammer, i wrote that really quick one giant run on sentence. but asides from the typos and my spelling if you are smarter then a 5th grader you can catch my drift. i guess this is where all the bashing will start ova me just saying i dont like the wang cranks. i put my knowledge in about the cranks probally should have proof read it before i posted it oh well. im not bashing kevin i was just saying go with the hotrods my experiance is you get what you pay for

Unfortunatly i didnt get to larry b4 he bought this 4mil package, he got a 110 rod 58mm stroke wang crank with somw whack ass wrist pin bearings.The crank was .002 on install which is acceptable by most on the true stand.black n yellow is def smarter than a 5th grader he is one of the best fabricators/welders in my area

and has built some nice cars/bikes and is no noobie to motors.He got my number through a friend of a friend who has known both of us for years.I assembleed and checked all tolerances of his motor.Kevins port work was very clean and his bore job was very nice and checked out just how i like it on a bore guage,the crank was within spec from big end play to runout, the only thing that threw me off was the 110 rods,wrist pin bearings.I have had this motor apart for weeks blknyellow and myself are by no means shit talkers or bashers thats why i havnt said anything to this point.These cranks have there place just not in my motors.I talked to kevin himself and he said a machine shop assembles all his cranks not him.So in conclusion i just got done welding up a hotrods long rod crank and am in the process of reassembling his motor