For Oregon Duners......

Chevy4life32

We just had our annual "mud fest" here (Pudding Creek). It brings mega dollars into the community, so much so that many Winn Dixie employees say they would not get their annual bonus if it weren't for this event. It is held on private property though. The owners of the property had to really work at it with the county commissioners to get the event permitted. You guys are really going to have to stck together and make a lot of noise or you will lose this fight. The Liberals never cease to find ways to foist their delusional environmental fantasies on the rest of us. This is a PRIME example of why you NEVER vote Democrat.

Wheat

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said snowy plover lovin people, the funny thing is the snowy plover lays eggs in the tire tracks of ATVs, so when they banded ATVs in some areas the population of snow plovers went down :rotflmao:

I dont have a proof source so i cant verify it, but... I had heard that the plovers also prefer the open areas because its harder for predators to sneak up on them. So all these years the homo rangers at Pismo put up a fuckin fence everytime a bush grows to protect the snowy plover habitat. then the fucking birds just move back to our side of the fence. Wouldnt surprise me a bit.

This whole thing is a joke and is just a bunch of people that have nothing better to do than to cause trouble. They need a real job so they have better things to do with there time. It sounds like we are starting to get ahead of this one here in Oregon I hope it continues that way.

This whole thing is a joke and is just a bunch of people that have nothing better to do than to cause trouble. They need a real job so they have better things to do with there time. It sounds like we are starting to get ahead of this one here in Oregon I hope it continues that way.

Too bad they couldn't afford a plane ticket to "occupy wallstreet" with the rest of those morons. Sounds like some of the same bunch.

Wheat

• 2 weeks later...

well boys I have to take a lab science elective in school to graduate and I took this geography class about rocks and shit. anyway I found out why atvs are bad for the dunes I don't know if this is why they want to close them down but its interesting enough.

over time rain water and the sand kind of mix and make the top layer of a dune hard so that the sand can't fly away. plants and shit also hold the sand in place so that it doesn't float away. riding our bikes on the dunes keeps the dune sand soft and kills plants in the areas we ride on. so now that the sand is soft when the wind blows fast enough and it does by the water, it takes the sand with it into the forests and shit around it. so eventually the dunes will get smaller and smaller.

(I am not a geography major, I could be completely wrong but I am reading this out of a textbook.)

I love the dunes and I am heavily against closures, but I think its interesting to see the other sides point of view.

Can the text books explain to me why huge areas of pismo that have been closed for well over 20 years now are still bare as fuck? The whole thing is tree hugger bullshit. Fuck the grass, fuck the trees, fuck the snowy plover, fuck the dust, fuck the noise, fuck the sea gulls, the sand is good for one thing, riding on.

Can the text books explain to me why huge areas of pismo that have been closed for well over 20 years now are still bare as fuck? The whole thing is tree hugger bullshit. Fuck the grass, fuck the trees, fuck the snowy plover, fuck the dust, fuck the noise, fuck the sea gulls, the sand is good for one thing, riding on.

A-motherfuckin-men!

the sand blown away is a bunch of bull shit. The main time people ride here in Oregon is during summer when it's hot. I can guarantee the sand is already dry enough for the wind to move it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well way back in 1966 the dunes were open and clear hell when my Family back then cruised the dunes in old willies jeeps Horsefall whiskey run Winchester bay hell the beaches at Newport. You could drive almost every where Have pictures of the dunes and going there today you cant even get close to the area to compare the pictures or its all paved over and some shopping center or private condos. Also its now a forest filled the area with a lot of invasive plants that kill off native ones to the area. I signed this, the dunes is my families hobby and place we work hard to have our short vacations there.

I am a firm believer in give and take, the the tree hugging smug save the environment from its self idiots want to limit my hobby area. Then they too should have places taken back and barred for use, now the last argument i had with one of those Smug idiots, they say hiking and back packing in the woods dose no damage. been on a lot of back packing trails to find garbage every where 'unauthorized' trails every where cutting the undergrowth and what not. One time while doing PT with the Marines we were at a park these smug hippies (yes the called them selves that after giving use crap for being military) all bragging about their Prius and all the work they do to save the environment. Watched them toss their garbage into the bushes we picked up after them, talk about hypocritical idiots.

• 3 weeks later...

This is why democrats should not be in charge. There is a post a while ago over at dunercentral.com. It has all the maps and information and the survey results. It does include winchester bay, coos bay and florence. The member that set it up is really leading the way to keep us informed. It is under the Oregon section of that website.