For Oregon Duners......

Chevy4life32

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so pissed off about this , I could just go fucking postal over the whole deal. Google Florence Yamaha and they have a link to the petition to sign it . Go and sign , tell these tree huggin , snowy plover lovin , sea grass growin , socks with sandals wearin , noise hatin , starbucks slurpin , VW bus drivin , dolphin fuckers to squat and rotate !!!!!! If they close all that area , fuck florence I'll go to winchester and coos bay . I'm considering saying screw oregon totally and just go to Utah or Idaho or California/Arizona to ride . I've seen in all the years I've been riding Florence maybe a few walkers on the beach , I've only ever seen 2 people out in the trails , and they were hunters . unless you sand camp , your only option is Driftwood 2 and good luck getting in there unless you reserve a year ahead of time and forget about Dunefest , you gotta know someone who can hook you up with a place to stay . Ive never seen people walking in the north south trails , or on ANY of the trails , and NOISE ? WTF !!!!! the boundaries are so far off the highway you never hear anything but the OCEAN . Oregon , especially the coast relies on Tourism , so they are going to put local businesses at risk like the sand car tours and rental places because they will no longer be able to access the ocean beaches , every damn sand tour goes to the beach so the people can see the ocean . I think its shitty , we bring a lot of money into that town and surrounding areas and we are treated like the bad guys .

Leaves a sour taste ........

I will go check the link and sign it. Be carefull, dont get dragged into the whole "if they close this place ill just go somewhere else" mentality. Once they are successfull with one spot they will try for everything. You guys better take it serious and get everybody involved. They did the same shit to pismo here. It used to be the best and only place i even would ride. Miles and miles of dunes camping right on the beach it was bad ass. Now its a joke and im sure will be completely closed sooner than later. Everytime i go there i see new pieces of fence, and they are never moved out only closer in. The tree huggers dont give 2 shits about the economy or the tourism, so that argument is mute to them. Sad to see it happeneing up there as well. They used all those same arguments at pismo back in the day. The snowy plovers, hikers etc. Total bullshit, ive never seen anybody walking back there. And hell now they even have it closed to foot traffic.

I'm so pissed off about this , I could just go fucking postal over the whole deal. Google Florence Yamaha and they have a link to the petition to sign it . Go and sign , tell these tree huggin , snowy plover lovin , sea grass growin , socks with sandals wearin , noise hatin , starbucks slurpin , VW bus drivin , dolphin fuckers to squat and rotate !!!!!! If they close all that area , fuck florence I'll go to winchester and coos bay . I'm considering saying screw oregon totally and just go to Utah or Idaho or California/Arizona to ride . I've seen in all the years I've been riding Florence maybe a few walkers on the beach , I've only ever seen 2 people out in the trails , and they were hunters . unless you sand camp , your only option is Driftwood 2 and good luck getting in there unless you reserve a year ahead of time and forget about Dunefest , you gotta know someone who can hook you up with a place to stay . Ive never seen people walking in the north south trails , or on ANY of the trails , and NOISE ? WTF !!!!! the boundaries are so far off the highway you never hear anything but the OCEAN . Oregon , especially the coast relies on Tourism , so they are going to put local businesses at risk like the sand car tours and rental places because they will no longer be able to access the ocean beaches , every damn sand tour goes to the beach so the people can see the ocean . I think its shitty , we bring a lot of money into that town and surrounding areas and we are treated like the bad guys .

Leaves a sour taste ........

It is not just Florence included in this, it is ALSO Winchester Bay and Coos Bay/North Bend. They are closing Banshee Hill because it is an unauthorized trail and every other trail in the dunes. We will only be able to ride the open sand.

I didn't see anything mentioning Winchester , you got a link?

The proposed plan will affect the ENTIRE Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area, which includes Florence, Winchester Bay, and the Coos Bay/ North Bend riding areas. I have heard it may even include Sand Lake also. At SandFest over the 4th of July in North Bend they were really pushing everyone to sign their petitions. Everyone needs to help with this fight because when they get done with one area they will move on to the next, and that might be where you ride!

its kind of ridiculous considering some of the dune towns are so shitty that if tourists didn't come riding there half the town wouldn't exist. Considering half your country is starving why take away jobs that are provided by tourists. We go about twice a year and we easily leave 5-10k per trip there (big group).

but then again when was the last time you saw somebody clearly going against the rules? (I do almost every time).