YFZ450 2004 Elka Stg3 front shocks on 2002 Shee?

xtankx

You need to know the length, they will not just bolt on.

There will be the added expense of buying a arms built for the stock length yfz elka shock or custom long travel a arms for a long travel yfz shock. Your limit is around 19.75", anything within that fireball can make you a set of a arms to use the shocks. There will also be the cost of valving/springing the shock for yours and the banshee's weight.

Don't think you're getting out dirt cheap because these other expenses add up and without them your bike will ride like shit or break a balljoint from the shocks being too long.

You need to know the length, they will not just bolt on.

There will be the added expense of buying a arms built for the stock length yfz elka shock or custom long travel a arms for a long travel yfz shock. Your limit is around 19.75", anything within that fireball can make you a set of a arms to use the shocks. There will also be the cost of valving/springing the shock for yours and the banshee's weight.

Don't think you're getting out dirt cheap because these other expenses add up and without them your bike will ride like shit or break a balljoint from the shocks being too long.

So in other words, if I want to switch front shocks for something reliable, I should just stick with STOCK YFZ450 shocks since the modification is easier to do and requires less "adjustments"?

Once again, it depends on your a arms. Stock YFZ shocks are too long also and as far as I know the elka's you're talking about could be stock length or almost 20" long, like mine.

You can run them with no problems with proper a arms, the lower shock mount must be moved out to adjust for the longer shock. If not the shocks will put the ball joints in a bind by pushing them past their range of motion. The worse way to go about this is modding the yfz a arms to fit on the banshee, which I would steer you away from. There are a few companies that make BANSHEE a arms to accept the yfz shocks.

I wouldn't do it. Buy shocks made for your bike. I don't understand the logic behind cobbling together a front end from take off parts off of another machine. I know some people will say "Mine works great". Sure, it may WORK; but GREAT? I would beg to differ. Save your pennies, buy equipment that was manufactured for YOUR bike, and YOU. It might WORK, but for a few pennies more, you can have the right stuff.

Went for my first ride with my yfz aarms and yfz elka stage 3 shocks installed, seemed to handle pretty good, still got some tuning to do on the shocks but compared to the stock setup I had before its a world of difference. Ya it would be great to buy the right thing but this was much cheaper so thats what i chose, Im just a weekend warrior so its not like I need top of the line anyways... depends on how you ride...