Anodizing carbs heads etc.

Kilhoffer

I'm getting set up to do some anodizing at my house. I was wondering if anybody has done it before and some helpful pointers.

Also, will anodizing heads harden the product to a point of failure under normal heat stress and is there any unforeseen issues with carbs?

Thanks guys

Anodizing cast aluminum tends not to look all that great, but can be done. Theirs lots to know about it do a Google search theirs some really good info from a few places.

Thanks for the input. I have been doing a lot of homework on the subject and realize that cast pieces contain more impurities (i.e silicon) than billet and can make "blotchy" finish. The prodesign heads are billet so that will not be an issue but the carbs are cast. They are stock carbs so ruining them will not be a big issue as I really need bigger ones anyways.

As far as the aluminum turning black, as far as I have learned, it will only be black if you dye it that color, which you can dye it any color you want. I will definitely look into it further but my guess is every piece of aluminum is an alloy of some sort.

My main concern is anodizing aluminum makes the piece much harder, in return more prone to crack under high stress situations. I'm wondering if the heads will be under too much stress.

In my head I am thinking grey and white plastics, black powder coat frame, and maroon/dark red anodized aluminum accents. My cousin will make some custom graphics to match. Go or no?

Thanks again