bare pipes?

Banshee Chad

Honestly, I have hand polished my last 3 sets of pipes, and what a pain in the ass to do and maintain. Especially since I'm a Michigan boy and I ride in the winter. NEVER again!

Look up a company called Nitro Plate. They are one of the top ceramic coaters for several sanctioned racing associations. They do black, silver, and a high polish. The last time I got a quote on my rockets they were charging something like 12-14 bucks a foot for two stroke pipes. Not to mention the benifits to running a high temp coating go beyond durability and looks. On a two stroke pipe the power gains can be pretty big, especially on a built motor. I have seen a bike with CPI OOF pick up almost 6 horses with Nitro Plate.

if your cooking 1200 degree paint you may be a tad lean.

also i have had bare pipes in the past they are not that hard to take care off. scotch brite pad and some rust preventer like wd-40 or that white/ yellow can of stuff works fine. ab out ounce every 6 months i would remove the pipe completely and scotch the whole thing. hot months in the summer snow on the ground in the winter..

I painted mine with some 1200 degree stove paint http://forrestpaint.com/index.php?page=stove-bright-retail-store, before I painted I used Rustoleum 2000 degree primer (they also have 2000 degree paint) and I havn't had any issues. After I painted it I warmed it up pretty good to bake on the paint, then let it cool all the way down and its been holding up real well (never got tacky or peeled) so like Cam said you might be lean or maybe the paint isn't that good.

I painted mine with some 1200 degree stove paint http://forrestpaint.com/index.php?page=stove-bright-retail-store, before I painted I used Rustoleum 2000 degree primer (they also have 2000 degree paint) and I havn't had any issues. After I painted it I warmed it up pretty good to bake on the paint, then let it cool all the way down and its been holding up real well (never got tacky or peeled) so like Cam said you might be lean or maybe the paint isn't that good.

Ya, its not baked off this go around. Got about 10 rides on em. But it did get tacky the first ride. And this last time, I spilled gas on one and then sand stuck to it...