i have the worst luck ever

UPbansheeRacer

i re did my whole banshee powder coated the cylinders and clutch cover put a new top end gasket kit in it and new clutch cover gasket powder coated the frame swingarm everything on it thats metal i put the engine in it today and now spark....unplugged all the throttle junk and had spark put the rest of it together and it wont run now and i dont have spark anymore...im also leaking coolant i cant tell if its coming out of the head or the base of the cylinders all bolts are torqued at 20 ft pounds is it possible for it to leak out of the base gaskets? yes the rubber plugs in the cylinders are in...i think the cdi might be junk so im plugging mine into my dads banshee and seeing if it will start with my cdi on it if its not the cdi im thinking the stator which i really hope not....im more worried of the coolant at the moment so any help with that is appreciated

check the coolant hose hook-up to the head. it is a notorious leaker after rebuilds.

as far as the no spark and you getting your frame powder coated......did you check your grounding spots? i believe where the cdi sits is a grounding location underneath it that you must have good solid ground to.....so powdering it will goof that.

check the coolant hose hook-up to the head. it is a notorious leaker after rebuilds.

as far as the no spark and you getting your frame powder coated......did you check your grounding spots? i believe where the cdi sits is a grounding location underneath it that you must have good solid ground to.....so powdering it will goof that.

yes sir i took all the grounds off and scraped them down to bare metal so its not a ground problem it had good spark then it went to no spark ill check the hose i hope thats the problem i dont want to tear my engine back apart but i will if i have to

• 3 years later...

Replace the plugs at the bottom of the cylinders... if you didnt take them out before you had the cylinders coated then they're toast if you didnt put that special sealer on before you installed the new ones they will leak too had the same problem building my MX shee.