Detonation?

Sands

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it sure as hell aint lean! lol 22cc domes is more then enough for 98 octaine? I think it might be something eles. 91 pump fuel would do 22cc domes. Look like a piece of bearing or metal of some sort got in their and bounced around a few times. See if your rod bearing it getting loose or worn out.

Take a magnet and check to see if you have any pieces of steel embedded in the top of your damaged piston. That almost looks like something is coming from your lower end and up through your transfers.

OK. Tomorrow I'll do that. Thanks for the help.

Well it sure as hell aint lean! lol 22cc domes is more then enough for 98 octaine? I think it might be something eles. 91 pump fuel would do 22cc domes. Look like a piece of bearing or metal of some sort got in their and bounced around a few times. See if your rod bearing it getting loose or worn out.

On both pistons? I would believe on it if it only happend on one cylinder...

I could be wrong but with 22cc domes for a 421 is suppose to be ran on race fuel. To be on the safe side, if I was you I would buy 24cc domes & run the pump gas that your getting from your local gas station. From the looks of it, it looks like your detonation from low octane. If your going to buy new domes try the 24cc domes. I dont think that your crank is shot from the looks of the piston & domes. You could pull the cylinder off & inspect the crank for piece of mind. Good Luck

On both pistons? I would believe on it if it only happend on one cylinder...

I dont think both sides are damaged? I Think hes just talking about one side. I know what lean looks like. Judging by those plugs she is FAAAATT.