Adjusting and synchronizing carbs

Is there a video tutorial on how to adjust and synchronize the carbs on my Shee? I've spent the best part of 2 weeks rebuilding,rejetting and removing TORS.Now the problem is getting them adjusted and synced.I've worked on them most of the day today between classes and after classes.Now it won't idle down at all!!! I'm so frustrated that I had to put it up for the night before I lost my cool!!! banghead :

All feedback is most welcome

Thanks in advance

Charlie

Edited by Chuckie02Shee

If there's any possibility at all of having to do this again (there is but you probably don't know it yet) then you should just go ahead and spend the money and get the sync tool. It's a great investment for anyone owning a Banshee and you'll never regret it because you then have the ability to get it correct every time you need to.

If there's any possibility at all of having to do this again (there is but you probably don't know it yet) then you should just go ahead and spend the money and get the sync tool. It's a great investment for anyone owning a Banshee and you'll never regret it because you then have the ability to get it correct every time you need to.

As stupid as i might sound, I sync mine just by eye because of not having the tool and im always decent on it. Filters off and touch your throttle and adjust them as you need to.. Prolly not the smartest thing ive ever said but definately not the dumbest. :cheers:

I totally agree, that's how I did mine for the first time just to get it fired up. Then I bought the sync tool and realized how far off I really was so that changed my mind right there. Not saying it can't be done by any means but it's one of those things where you have to have a very trained eye and ear to be able to get it right without the tool IMO.

the squreel cage is the best hands down way to synch them

it also set up the idle which with out that being the same willmess up the synch its not jsut that they open at the same time its that they are raising at the same opening level.( hard to explain). guess i can try and say it liek this.. the "tool" measures the incoming air draw when the motor is running. you cna have one side pulling 5 cfm and the other pulling 7 cfm ( i dont know if i t measure dfm but thats just a comparison) it will idle and it will sound ok IF you have never heard one set right. THEN if you go from there adn set your synch even if they open at exactilly the same time your cfm will be off and the synch will actually be off. at anything but WFO it will have a tendency to surge just a tad and for the rpm of the engine it will be off jetting wise..

i also used to set by sight and listening then i used one of those at the dunes it was amazing the differnce in the way it sounded and the crispness and tq changes it made. its one of the most important tools next to a manual in my opinion on a banshee.. they are realtively cheap EMI makes them i got mine at the local VW parts store for 30 bones.

rember set the IDLE first THEN set they synch

Gotta get myself one of those testers! But in the mean time I use paddles pop sticks, Just put one in each throat until they hit the needles and you can see from the side very easily if the slides are in sync as the paddle pop sticks extend what you could normally see by eye. hope that makes sense, Sorry it is the best i can explain it!

Gotta get myself one of those testers! But in the mean time I use paddles pop sticks, Just put one in each throat until they hit the needles and you can see from the side very easily if the slides are in sync as the paddle pop sticks extend what you could normally see by eye. hope that makes sense, Sorry it is the best i can explain it!

that sounds like a great idea....i did find the tool, Jeff from f.a.s.t. a site sponsor has them for $30 if you have stock carbs ..price goes up if you need lager boots.. I will def be getting one