banshee help

banshee85

hey guys i recently got this banshee it a 97 has fmf fattys powercore slip ons a 2 into one

carb kit with a kieln carb k&n air filter and i was told that it has a wiesco hot rod crank and wiesco pistons and rings in it but

im not for sure that what the guy said that i got it from but when i got it it was cutting out at low end and dieing but would start

back up if u chocked it so we cleaned the carb out and it stopped so i got it out and now its doin it on top end we made sure the pick

up was spaced wright and it is put a bigger jet in it and it has good compresion the tors has be eliminated since it has the 2 into one kit

pls help im stumped oh and how do i know if it is safe to run 93 gas in it??

hey guys i recently got this banshee it a 97 has fmf fattys powercore slip ons a 2 into one

carb kit with a kieln carb k&n air filter and i was told that it has a wiesco hot rod crank and wiesco pistons and rings in it but

im not for sure that what the guy said that i got it from but when i got it it was cutting out at low end and dieing but would start

back up if u chocked it so we cleaned the carb out and it stopped so i got it out and now its doin it on top end we made sure the pick

up was spaced wright and it is put a bigger jet in it and it has good compresion the tors has be eliminated since it has the 2 into one kit

pls help im stumped oh and how do i know if it is safe to run 93 gas in it??

you should do a compression test to see where your compression is...that way you can get a fairly safe idea of what fuel you can run.... then you need to pull your carb apart and find out what jets are in it. and report back!

ive already cleaned the carb and put a bigger jet in its gettin plenty of gas fires right up its at top end that its cuttin out now. and i have a compression gauge but its only for one cylender at a time can i still use that and just do one cylender at a time? im new to the banshees so i dont know much bout them yet

ive already cleaned the carb and put a bigger jet in its gettin plenty of gas fires right up its at top end that its cuttin out now. and i have a compression gauge but its only for one cylender at a time can i still use that and just do one cylender at a time? im new to the banshees so i dont know much bout them yet

Yeah one cylinder at a time is fine. Throttle wide open till the guage doesnt move anymore. I didnt even know you could test more then one at a time :confused:

i didnt know if u could test two at once eather B) but its got i belive a 168 main in it if i remember right i dont know how to check the needle postion or the elevation but i will ckeck the air fuel its got the 2 into one kit on it sooo..... i dunno im just at a loss guys i will check the compresson to and report back tommorow night

ok i did a compression check the right side is at 105 and the left is at 110 is that good or bad on a banshee my lt250r i use to have was around 160 but it wasnt a twin eather let me know guys thanks

Im no expert but i have heard that around 100-105 it is time for a rebuild... (don't take my word for it).

Also if all it has is pipes and a carb you should be safe to run 93.

Edited by 94Mike

i didnt know if u could test two at once eather B) but its got i belive a 168 main in it if i remember right i dont know how to check the needle postion or the elevation but i will ckeck the air fuel its got the 2 into one kit on it sooo..... i dunno im just at a loss guys i will check the compresson to and report back tommorow night

To check the needle position you take the slide out and see what the needle is clipped at it (you count where the clip from the top it is at there will be notches were a clip goes over to hold the needle.), you generally have to compress the spring to be able to get the needle and the throttle cable out and/or whatever is holding it down.

With elevation im sure you can search a elevation finder.

Edited by 94Mike

yea thats kinda what i was afraid of it has carbon fiber reeds to cant tell what kind cus its a stock cage and when i got it he told me it wiesco cranks and pistons would that effect what kinda gas i should run or is it when u start doin head work cus i was gonna put cool heads on it but didnt know what kinda dome i needed to run pump gas and maybe sumtimes vp c12 or is that a hole diff setup?

yea thats kinda what i was afraid of it has carbon fiber reeds to cant tell what kind cus its a stock cage and when i got it he told me it wiesco cranks and pistons would that effect what kinda gas i should run or is it when u start doin head work cus i was gonna put cool heads on it but didnt know what kinda dome i needed to run pump gas and maybe sumtimes vp c12 or is that a hole diff setup?

You should be safe to run pump gas, for the domes i believe it is 21cc+ (22,23, etc.) that you can run pump depending on elevation and mods.

I run 91 premium and my mods are in my sig.

Like I said im no expert so if someone corrects me listen to them,

Im not familair with aftermarket reeds but if they are carbon fiber they are different then the stock ones unless the stock ones are carbon fiber but i have seen modified stock cages for different reeds.

If your worried about pump gas i have a cousin who has a cool head, dune/play port, wiesco pistons (not sure which ones), and t5's and he runs 91.

If you want to go with a pump gas set up then i wouldn't reconmend thinking about running VP for the heck of it once in a while.

I have also heard the gas you use depends on your compression but there are mixed opinions about that...

Im no expert but i have heard that around 100-105 it is time for a rebuild... (don't take my word for it).

Also if all it has is pipes and a carb you should be safe to run 93.

i think 100 is about time for rebuild...but i do know elevation does affect your readings