ran like a raped ape and then....

I had a stator go bad, but you could only tell at high RPM's. Would cut out right when the powerband kicked in.

Did you check your compression so you can check that off your list? Make sure its not something major. That always makes me feel better

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i used an ohm meter to check the stator and using clymer's specs it was perfectly in tune, there are no specs out there for testing a banshee cdi however, and i have no buddys with extra cdi's. i pop started it, and it would idle like a champ, but would cut out and occasionaly backfire on rev up, any ideas? im thinking cdi or fuel

my banshee is a 1993, with a stock coil, stator of unknown origin (may be stock), and a vitos cdi box. the TORS, parking brake, TORS box, and taillight have all been removed from it, so no issues there, i just took out both reed blocks, saw no cracks so i double checked the tightness, then cleaned both carbs perfectly, put a new choke tube on, and cleaned the air filter. the shee will now kick start and idle perfect, but when i try to rev it cuts out, backfires, and almost sounds like its running on one cylinder, but its hard to tell with a 2 into 1, hmmmm please help me out here guys

my banshee is a 1993, with a stock coil, stator of unknown origin (may be stock), and a vitos cdi box. the TORS, parking brake, TORS box, and taillight have all been removed from it, so no issues there, i just took out both reed blocks, saw no cracks so i double checked the tightness, then cleaned both carbs perfectly, put a new choke tube on, and cleaned the air filter. the shee will now kick start and idle perfect, but when i try to rev it cuts out, backfires, and almost sounds like its running on one cylinder, but its hard to tell with a 2 into 1, hmmmm please help me out here guys

my problem isnt with fuel, or compression if it idles perfectly, so it must be electrical, but my stator tested perfectly, could it still be bad? or is it the coil or cdi? if the coil went wouldnt it have no spark? it has fat spark, and idles fine, but doesnt wanna rev

I had a stator test perfectly but when it was mounted the wire burned through and shorted to the case.

my throttle slides are opperating smothely, clean filter, perfect reeds, parking brake switch and tors system including box are removed, and the stator was tested while it was mounted, so im stumped <_<

I had the same problem with my shee & it was the aftermarket CDI box from RM stator. I installed stock CDI box & it's been running fine ever since. If I was you I would buy another known good used stock CDI box.

hmm, i replaced the bad cap, and it still backfires, but VIOLENTLY!, it blew smoke through the airbox, and moved the 2 into 1 which was tightened down hardm almost off the cylinders! its pissing me off, do you think its a cdi? also if i get one, i noticed alba made a nice one with a switch on it to switch ignition maps.... anyways i dont want to waste money if it isnt it tho, any other ideas?