Banshee Rebuild and Revise Take 3

andrew3160

My shee has been a work in progress for about a year now since I broke my leg last August.

Here is what it started as when I bought it, I rode it like this for a season until I blew the motor.

DSCN0827.jpg

When I blew the motor, I broke my leg shortly after and decided to rebuild it and renew the life of the bike over last winter.

I never really liked the front bumpers on the banshee so we custom fabricated a different look on the frame. We cut out the top cross member and welded in two pieces of round tubing to keep it uniform.

143.jpg

I added +2+1 J Arms from Stellar, +4 swinger, and powdered everything gloss black. Went with red accents.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

I ended up continuing to make changes this past summer as we started powder coating at home.

This is the finished product less the seat. I need to get with Vegasjeff here soon. Additional items I powdered my self include:

Grab bar gloss black

Rear brake light mount flat black.

Exhaust: high temp flat black pipes, flat black silencer tubes, and gloss black silencers.

Clutch cover: gloss black with flat black insert and water pump cover.

Gloss black kicker assembly.

Flat black rear brake lever.

Gloss black shifter.

Flat black nerfs.

Glass black thumb throttle assembly and master cyl.

To top it all off, had to get rid of the graphics of course and repaint the plastics.

a0d6141c.jpg

7f89888d.jpg

1a519c61.jpg

Still needs washed but you get the idea. I will have more pics when I get the seat done.

I sanded the hell out of them. Then just used krylon plastic paint in a spray can. Turned out amazing. I will have to let you know how it holds up. My rears have been painted with it for a while and haven't had any issues. Since it doesn't have a hardner in it, you cannot get gas on it or it will eat the paint.

Yeah, couldn't really turn it down. I want to powder the motor next but with it being a fresh rebuild with one season, I think I will wait. We just did a whole motor in silver chrome powder and it turned out amazing. I would like to do mine in the same flat black and gloss but it looks pretty clean with bare cyl and cases. It's real easy to get carried away with powder coating when you have everything at home to do it.

Here is the motor we did:

b4c3ebc4.jpg

Here is my clutch cover to show the difference in the two blacks I used on my bike:

8535e5d2.jpg

• 1 month later...