Fresh rebuild issue

dunner250

I put a new top end in my 4 mil shee. I went to start it up and was unable to. I then bump started it and after that It started up first or second kick without a problem. I was letting it warm up and saw that the right side seemed to be missing. If I gave it some gas the left cyclinder would start firing. After letting it run for close to a minute I noticed water was coming out of the over flow tube off the radiator. Now I filled up the radiator to the very top, so should there be some leaking out due to the water expanding or do I have a o ring issue? Also it has a cool head.

I didn't have time to trouble shoot but what should I look at next before I pulled apart the top end.. I was thinking checking plugs and spark, swapping spark plugs/wires, compession test, anything else before dive into the top end?

OK so I did a leak down test, found a small leak between the reed and cylinder. Sealed it up and still have the the same problem. I have cleaned the carbs about a dozen times now and can't find any more leaks. Help I'm leaving for the dunes next weekend and am running out of time. Here is a video... Thanks

OK so I did a leak down test, found a small leak between the reed and cylinder. Sealed it up and still have the the same problem. I have cleaned the carbs about a dozen times now and can't find any more leaks. Help I'm leaving for the dunes next weekend and am running out of time. Here is a video... Thanks

a few things can cause that, I have had the exact same problem

first, sync carbs, that is 90% of the issues on that most of the time

if that dont work...

if you dont have stock carbs, try choking both carbs, mine does that NOW if I dont choke them both until it warms up.

my sled does it also, fires on 2 pipes and the third sat cold. turned out choke was not actuating on that carb.

choke is a fuel enrichment circuit, not an actual "choke" like a car. it adds gas until it warms up, not choke off air, in essence giving it more gas.

Edited by Overboost