couple questions

Hey guys i'm back from Afghanistan and i have a chariot cool head with 20cc Noss domes and chariot reed cages with boysen duel stage reeds to put on my banshee. None of the shit came with instructions. I think i can figure it out though. I live at 4300 ft elevation and can only get 90 octane gas around here, will I be ok with these domes? The rest of my motor is stock except the T5 exhaust kit i have. Jetting seems spot on the way it is now. I asked Noss machine about the domes and i'm pretty sure they said i should be able to run as small as 19's on pump gas and be fine, but I must have deleted their e-mail. I was talking with the local yamaha shop and i told the guy I ran 32:1 gas mix, and he told me after I installed the stuff to bump it down around to 28:1 to be "safe". After I left it didn't make sense to me. Wouldn't that kinda lean it out? I guess he was refering to the dome size. What was he talking about?

Hey guys i'm back from Afghanistan and i have a chariot cool head with 20cc Noss domes and chariot reed cages with boysen duel stage reeds to put on my banshee. None of the shit came with instructions. I think i can figure it out though. I live at 4300 ft elevation and can only get 90 octane gas around here, will I be ok with these domes? The rest of my motor is stock except the T5 exhaust kit i have. Jetting seems spot on the way it is now. I asked Noss machine about the domes and i'm pretty sure they said i should be able to run as small as 19's on pump gas and be fine, but I must have deleted their e-mail. I was talking with the local yamaha shop and i told the guy I ran 32:1 gas mix, and he told me after I installed the stuff to bump it down around to 28:1 to be "safe". After I left it didn't make sense to me. Wouldn't that kinda lean it out? I guess he was refering to the dome size. What was he talking about?

I ride at 5000FT and I run 19CC domes on 91 pump gas....The 19's are perfect at this elevation IMO. I even have some friends who run 18's on pump gas up here and are just fine.

28:1 is more oil than 32:1. You don't need to mix more oil after mods, you just need to rejet (larger jets=more gas in your motor). I've ALWAYS ran 32:1 to 40:1 and been great. The cool head won't affect jetting, but after you put your reeds on you will need to bump up the jetting since they will affect the air/fuel that goes into the motor.

Hope that makes sense, I'm running on like 2 hours of sleep banghead

dude just put it all together and see what ya got

use vaseline or grease on the 0-rings when you put the head together to hold them in place take yoru time and make sure the bike is CLEAN before you start to ripp into it. if your having trouble holding the domes in get 2 big washers and put the plugs in loose and use the washers under the plugs to hold the domes in OR depending on the dome, you can place to domes on the head and drop it over them.

try it with the jetting you have i bet you may have to bump to a 290-310 ish range BUT maybe not get new plugs when you do it also.

tell that newb at the yamaha place to get bent he's a dumb ass keep running your mix the same as you have been. running more oil dosent do shit but fuck up plugs and make you go to that store and buy more oil. 32-1 is great for gas bikes. if your running down dirt roads pinned in 6th yea you may want race fuel if you take it easy and dont overheat the motor/ pipes you will probably bo fine with 20's 19's and they might deto depending on the cut in the dome. escpecially on stocker motor.

yes more oil mix will lean a motor down a bit.