Cub Timing, Compression, Jetting

I agree with the +4 to start, then work your way up. Mine was put on the dyno and ran best at +7 and we went all the way to +11. Did you open the motor up or did someone else? I am just wondering what was going on in there to blow it.

hole in the left piston both spark plugs ghost white i opened it myself it got to be jetting right? i mean i dropped almost 4000 feet in altitude. i should have known to check it but i was to busy showing off to all my old high school buddies

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told you exactly what jetting to run in the first post I made. That's not a guess. That's what you need to run.

i understand that and i really appreciate the help seriously i do but im already richer than that.... and its jetted for higher elevation and it ran perfect. im 100% sure it was way too lean once i got to sea level i can show you pics if needed i decided to take it to the shop for jetting anyway... but on another note is there anything i can do for a lilttle more edge before i do?

General rule of thumb I've used is 1-2 main sizes richer for every 1000 feet you go down in elevation.

That being said...if you put a hole in a piston and both plugs were white, you had signs before it melted down that you missed.

your right there were plenty of signs but me being the competitive dumbass i am all i could here was "take that slow shit off the trailer" i been kicking myself for the last 2 days