Xc wheel setup

chiwape

Well I have been running itp Baka wheels on my banshee and I just broke off the wheel riding. This is the second time I have done this. My lug nuts come off and then the wheel pops off. I know the wheel had a little bit of wobble to it. Need advise on what wheel to use that will last and not continue to come off. I know first response is to tighten up the lug nuts which knave spent time doing before riding. Thanks for the help.

I hope I'm not sounding too out of line here but IMHO your problem is the lug nuts and studs, not the wheels... I've never had a single problem with mine and never heard of any problems like this with the T-9 Baja wheels before. I put a dab of red Loctite on mine and buzz them on with a 1/4" Craftsman electric impact and they're just as tight now as the day I put them on. I do, however, keep them checked before every ride.

• 2 weeks later...

If your bolt holes are egged out, your probably screwed and need a new set. DWT makes champion in a box wheels that are tough as nails. Douglas makes champion beadlocks. Also theres also hipers as a choice. I've got a guy that can hook you up on the hipers for 1/2 cost.

• 2 weeks later...

Buy some hipers w built in hubs love them one huge 32 mm nut to change wheels n tires n never come off plus the safety pin. Althought I have seen several sets of the hiper wheels crack n blow hubs out but all were in first corner of mx race and people slamming tires hard. So only down fall is side flex slamming tire to tire in corner blows hubs out but they will be tits xc

• 2 months later...

It seems with the edge rims wheel well depth causes a problem seating the tire. Edge recommends building up with electrical tape. I tried this and it seemed to add quite a bit of weight. I ended up using the stans yellow tape to seal the rim then getting some of the 1/8" thick adhesive backed pipe foam from home depot (super light) and using that to build up inside the wheel well. this gives the tire something to rest on whilst trying to inflate and seal it. This may sound a bit tricky, but once you get this set up it works great.

If your bolt holes are egged out, your probably screwed and need a new set. DWT makes champion in a box wheels that are tough as nails. Douglas makes champion beadlocks. Also theres also hipers as a choice. I've got a guy that can hook you up on the hipers for 1/2 cost.

can you pm me with the info??