Compression question....

Does anyone know what the comparison in compression would be ---

If I have bored cylinders 10 over with a prodesign cool head using 18cc domes.... and getting a compression of 160.

What would be the comparison of this to Milling a stock head?? .010 / .020 / .030 over????

Thanks!!!

Cranking compression values also depend on how high the exhaust port is.

exactly......say if you had a port job that raised your exhaust port height and put your stock head back on you would notice a lower compression number than before you changed the port heigth.

do you have it ported?

yeh youl notice a slight decrease in static compression when ported ( depends on porting too), but it makes up for it in flow in the upper rpm. (dynamic compression)

cory with your 421, due the the bigger size motor, the dome cc is increased as with the engine, so to get the same cranking compression as a 350 you need bigger domes, in my 421 i was running 20cc domes and pushing 170+psi now with 24cc's it down to around 135-140psi. on the stock stroke/bore 20's were pushing 155-160psi cranking compression.

try another gauge S/mini.