Shocks Upside down

guns4children

well i just found out today that my shocks are upside down. i got the bike 2 years ago and noone ever said anything cause i had the shock covers on. just wanted to know how much they were hurting my ride being that way, and if i went to change them around would i need to replace anything cause i didnt know you could put shocks on wrong. thanks.

You guys sure they are upside down? I'm looking at the service manual and the stock shock looks the same. Maybe that's why the Guy put them on that way??

yes they are 100% for sure upside down, those are works AT steeler with multi rate springs, hard to tell because they are white, but those look like triple rate shocks, meaning one main spring, and 2 progressively softer springs above it

the softer/smaller springs should be at the top of the shock , they are upside down, it will only take 5 minutes to fix em

im not 100% sure whether or not it would effect their performance though (where is mattESC?)

the idea behind multi rate springs is that the softer spring compresses and absorbs the small bumps before the main heavy spring comes into play on the bigger stuff

Edited by Michael Jackson

yes they are 100% for sure upside down, those are works AT steeler with multi rate springs, hard to tell because they are white, but those look like triple rate shocks, meaning one main spring, and 2 progressively softer springs above it

the softer/smaller springs should be at the top of the shock , they are upside down, it will only take 5 minutes to fix em

im not 100% sure whether or not it would effect their performance though (where is mattESC?)

the idea behind multi rate springs is that the softer spring compresses and absorbs the small bumps before the main heavy spring comes into play on the bigger stuff

thank you! :cheers:

that would be sweet if they were good shocks cause i was thinking they were cheap-os