banshee vs 700xx vs Renegade

Soo my friends that ill be riding with have these bikes: 700xx, and a Renegade. I have no idea how fast a banshee is, or a renegade, but i rode the 700xx and its no joke as far as i know. Was wondering if these guys are gonna run off and leave me racing and on the trails. Can I keep up with them? If I cant, what would help me try lol?

O yea, my bike is not quite together, but it will be set up like this

28.5 mm carbs w/ tors removed

vforce reeds

bored .5 mm over

ohlin suspension front and rear

chrome t5s

k&n filters with no airbox

Both of those quads are right at home in the woods, especially with the irs. Also the Renegade has gobs of useable power and is automatic, with a good rider I wouldn't be suprised if you have a hard time keeping up with it.

Edit: You said trails, I was thinking woods. Outcome will probably come to riders regardless

Edited by WHITE PAR

They have 700 or 800 cc that fire every other revolution because they are a four stroke. You have 350cc firing EVERY revolution because it is a 2 stroke. That is why when the 450 MX bikes came out they let them race against the 250cc 2 strokes. With pipes and good suspension you should be fine. If you are worried about it you could bump your timing and compression for a little more, without much more expense. You can modify the stock timing plate yourself and have the stock head cut for less than $100.

You also need to think about how heavy both of those are. I would just go ride and have fun. Who cares if which one is faster? All it means is its faster it doesnt mean its more fun. However I dont think you should underestimate that renegade they are supposed to be fast as hell. They also have a sporty suspension and cvt.

No they aren't too big of dicks.. BUT if I can't be competitive, ill never hear the end of "p**ssy 2 stroke" and other comments about my slow bike.. Now dont get me wrong, like I said, I have never even ridden a shee before so I have no idea what to expect.. But if I can't keep up, they won't let me forget it. Just wondering what im in store for.

No they aren't too big of dicks.. BUT if I can't be competitive, ill never hear the end of "p**ssy 2 stroke" and other comments about my slow bike.. Now dont get me wrong, like I said, I have never even ridden a shee before so I have no idea what to expect.. But if I can't keep up, they won't let me forget it. Just wondering what im in store for.

a stock banshee is a fast machine, before my rebuild i kept up with my buddies raptor 700 in the trails. heads up they will take you. why worry just go out and have a good time

The whole 'which bike is faster' thing is easy to solve.

Race, switch bikes, race again. Repeat.

If the same bike always wins it's the faster bike. If the same rider wins, he's a better rider.

Even in a strait drag race there are lots of variables, lane (or trail) choice can make a big difference.

Bottom line is: ride and have fun.

With a little practice and a set of cajones you'll be right there with them.

i am sorry a stock banshee, will not keep up with a stock raptor with equal skilled riders.

So your telling me that I didn't keep up with my buddies raptor in the trails. Ok buddy you can be sorry all you want but I know what I've done. I'm sorry but I don't think you've ever ridden in the trails before.

lol i just said equal riders a stock banshee wont keep up with a stock 700.

and just stfu.

Dude you have no idea what your talking about so you stfu. A stock banshee is not going to beat a raptor but it will keep up just fine. How do I know this you say, cause I fuckin did it.

Banshee's aren't exactly newb friendly. My buddies 450r absolutely raped me on our first go. I wasn't in the powerband to start and held each gear wayy to long. After I got used to it we run neck and neck, and that's on asphalt. It's definitely gonna take a good rider to keep up with either of those machines.

Also like people have said, just go ride and have fun. It's not like you're entering into a GNCC race against Bill Ballance.

I have both a Banshee and a Renegade. The Renegade beat the Banshee last time out, however I just finished putting in a 4 mil long rod ported engine in the Banshee. Need to do the heat cyls. and get it to the dunes and see how it dose. My 86 LT 250r will beat them both. It has an 05 GSXR 750 engine in it.