HJR Porting

I wanted to give Kevin at Herr Jugs Racing a thumbs up and that I highly recommend him if you are looking to have port work done on your Banshee.

I explained to him the riding we do, where we ride and were we wanted the power band to be. We do a lot of hill climbs in the trees and trail riding in the Oregon dunes. We needed low end power without switching out the parts I already had. Kevin said he had the perfect port job for us and he nailed it with the port work he did. He did the porting and boring of the cylinders all within two weeks including shipping back to me.

The Banshee ran great. The power band came on fast and continued to pull through all 6 gears. In the drag races against the other 450's in our group, they found they were no match. With a good launch, they woud be beat by 2 lenghths. The front end was easy to pull up without the the use of the clutch. As soon as you felt the power band come on, the front end could easily become air born. This did make some of the hill climbs tricky and we found we better be laying over the tank so that we could steer around the trees.

I used "we" though this post because my wife had a hard time getting me off the banshee. It simply was a blast to ride. When I got back on my 450, I stopped at one point to check to see if my brakes were dragging. It just felt sluggish. Well all was fine, its just the Banshee is faster now than my 450.