Starting question

basically my bike had year old gas in it.. mixed just fine didnt smell too bad,.. took a million kicks to start it. It will then fire up 1st kick after that each day, could the old gas be the reason its not starting right up? could the octane drop be the cause? Cuz before this, once its fired the bike runs great, and the rest of the day, fires up one or two kicks.. and then the next day same thing... 1st startup sucks

Edited by AC-BANSHEE

Even with fresh gas my son's don't want to start good after sitting for couple weeks. My thought is that the "good shit" in the gas evaps out of the carb bowls. I wouldn't even think of using year old gas. Even with the gas can sitting in the garage in this heat I have to burb the pressure off the can because it looks like it's gonna pop. :cheers:

I figuered the gas was bad.. i kno its wayy old, but would it cause this? "the first start is a pain in the ass (this is with the old gas) and will fire if i use some hot start, but after its run for a lil while, it will fire up first kick after that... my guess is it is bad gas?

Edited by AC-BANSHEE

Bad gas is just that... Bad.. But what your describing sounds like a compression issue... Poe compression makes out hard to start (more prevalent with bad gas) and when the motor warms the compression raises... I say check it

ok will do, yea its just the initial start..even after the motor has cooled down, it will fire up right away, ill check compression, i need to flush fresh gas through it too

Edited by AC-BANSHEE