new banshee need help

i just got out on my own got married new house truck and everything was going great. so i went and got my old grizzley 700 out of storage and put it up as trade for banshee. i got a few offers but took the best one. i have a 1998 yamaha banshee. i looked it over and the list of mods are: trinity stage VII cool head, said to have 20cc domes, its bored .020 with wiseco pistons, 1/4 twist throttle, stock carbs, timing plate mod and its set to +4, has PC pipes, gearing is 15/42, 21 inch tires (rear), and my buddy told me i should remove the airbox lid and re-jet it. i was wondering what jets i should run? thanks.

it has 320 mains, 30 piolets and the clip is at the very bottom of the needles. and it does have the tors eliminator kit. i tore it apart to rebuild it and the cylinders are ported. the plugs still look a little lean with the lid off. i dont wanna take it off and do the 6th gear wide open plug check if its gonna lean it way out and blow it back up.

You can't just remove the lid and run it, the lid is what holds the filter in place to make it seal to the air box so you would be letting dirt into the motor. You need to get a Pro Flow adapter and bolt it to the airbox and get a good K&N or some other aftermarket filter to run the airbox without a lid. The adapter will come with directions telling you how to do it. If you look at the lid you will see 2 hooks at the front, these are what hold the filter in place. Of course the bike may already have a Pro Flow adapter, look for an aluminum plate bolted to the inside of the airbox at the front and the filter will be clamped to it. If it looks lean richen it up, it is always better to start rich and start decreasing jet sizes till it is right, than to start lean and go up. Starting lean and going up is a good way to damage a motor.

it has 320 mains, 30 piolets and the clip is at the very bottom of the needles. and it does have the tors eliminator kit. i tore it apart to rebuild it and the cylinders are ported. the plugs still look a little lean with the lid off. i dont wanna take it off and do the 6th gear wide open plug check if its gonna lean it way out and blow it back up.

u dont have to get a proflow adapter.drill 2 1/8 holes at top left and right of white plastic on filter and put screws in it.10 cents compared to a $50 adaptor.just make sure if u do that that its in secured at the bottom before u drill so it will stay in place,like as u would if u were using the lid anyway.u need to up-jet.id go 340 and see where ur at.if its ported,ull be around there..whats ur elevation???

all those mods and the bike still have the LID onit?????

what the hell.

if you need a plate get one and use a k+n filter. if you use the stock plastics BS i would still get a clamp on k+n filter. then remove all the foam bullcrap off the plastic thingy cut off the cage for the stock filter and then whenyou bolt it on seal it up good with import grey or yamabond. dont get nutso on the clamp for the filter. lots of other stuff you can do with the OEM box to make it fit better adn flow better. if your pulling the plugs and the motor seems lean the n RICHEN it up!

if your trying to do 6th gear pinned till she blows runs for jetting your gonna end up with a really rich motor. takes a lot of fuel to run that far and that hard.

all those mods and the bike still have the LID onit?????

what the hell.

if you need a plate get one and use a k+n filter. if you use the stock plastics BS i would still get a clamp on k+n filter. then remove all the foam bullcrap off the plastic thingy cut off the cage for the stock filter and then whenyou bolt it on seal it up good with import grey or yamabond. dont get nutso on the clamp for the filter. lots of other stuff you can do with the OEM box to make it fit better adn flow better. if your pulling the plugs and the motor seems lean the n RICHEN it up!

if your trying to do 6th gear pinned till she blows runs for jetting your gonna end up with a really rich motor. takes a lot of fuel to run that far and that hard.

well the guy i got it from has about 20 1" holes drilled all over the air box and cut two big pieces out of the top and has the snorkel off. i just put a brand new oem basket and a uni air filter with an outer wear. i cant really say i ride in deep mud or water but when i trail ride i cant really say what i might run into. i had the whole motor apart to see all the mods and i changed the crank seals and pistons and all. did a whole turn around, it did have wiseco pistons but i put new ones in. i had to bore it because a piece of the bottom ring broke off and ruined the cylinder. so now its .040 over. i have 320 mains in it and still changed nothing else. should i go from a b8es to a b9es? and is it normal for it to sit for a week and i get it out and it starts first kick with no choke at all??? im going to do a 340 main. or might it be a good idea to go with 28mm carbs? what will that do for me? thanks.

stock carbs are plenty,u dont need to get 28s.ull still have to jet them too lol.and rebuy all these damn jets at $4 a pc.do not switch to a 9 plug use the 8.its possible it will start with no choke,esp. when its 100 degrees outside.just put bigger jets in there,start with 340 and do a wot run and check plug.

stock carbs are plenty,u dont need to get 28s.ull still have to jet them too lol.and rebuy all these damn jets at $4 a pc.do not switch to a 9 plug use the 8.its possible it will start with no choke,esp. when its 100 degrees outside.just put bigger jets in there,start with 340 and do a wot run and check plug.

ok, i have the 340 in and everything seems to be great. im running the lid off and mounted the air filter basket to the air box. im very sure there is no dirt gettin in through there. thanks for the help everyone!!!!!!!!!!!