case sealant

Yea you need to find some one new for advice. The righ stuff is the wrong stuff. It works good on cars sealing oil but it wont stand up to fuel. Never use a RTV, Ultra Sealer, or Silicone for cases.

Two Reasons.

#1. Fuel disoves them.

#2 They are a thick sealer. So you can cause improper tolorances (to large) between the cases, and bearings.

Yamabond 4, Hondabond 4, Three Bond, Permatex Moto Seal are the correct products to use.

Yea you need to find some one new for advice. The righ stuff is the wrong stuff. It works good on cars sealing oil but it wont stand up to fuel. Never use a RTV, Ultra Sealer, or Silicone for cases.

Two Reasons.

#1. Fuel disoves them.

#2 They are a thick sealer. So you can cause improper tolorances (to large) between the cases, and bearings.

Yamabond 4, Hondabond 4, Three Bond, Permatex Moto Seal are the correct products to use.

X2 on this, I would recomend either Yamabond 4 or MotoSeal although Hondabond 4 is probably the same stuff as Yamabond 4 just in Honda packaging. All the OEMs have their chemicals and supplies made by someone else.

i personally feel the 3 bond stuff dries to hard. and can lead to vibration leaks over time

import grey available at ANY parts store is excellent just like yamaha bond. i have been using import grey for about 10 years now it seals great works every time and if i need some on sunday or the stealership is out i can just go right to the local o'reilly's and buy it

your only talking about 6 bucks here.

• 1 month later...

Two Reasons.

#1. Fuel disoves them.

three bond 1211 is a silicone gasket. Lots of reputable builders use 1211.. Just saying.