K&N vs UNI

What do you guys perfer, I have a kn now but i heard there not good in dusty areas and where i ride is sorta dusty.

So has anybody had any problems with K&N or UNI? What where the conditions?

Which one preforms better?

What do you guys perfer, I have a kn now but i heard there not good in dusty areas and where i ride is sorta dusty.

So has anybody had any problems with K&N or UNI? What where the conditions?

Which one preforms better?

seriously? this has been beaten to death in several threads. use the search function.

i dont even run an airfilter just causes me to lose power.

The key to good filtration is in the oil. This applies to both filter types. The gauze filter dont offer the same level of filtration as a foam filter. I will not run a qauze type filter without a pre-filter. If you hold up a K&N into the light.. you can see the holes. This is why oil is required. AS stated by K&N and which is why they come pre-oiled. The foam filters do the best job with filtration.. Not much shit will get past a foam filter as long as its properly oil. The more tacky the oil.. the better! I like Bel-Ray foam filter oil and PJ1 Super tacky. Once you use it.. you'll know why not much will get through that filter.

Also.. keep in mind with that some of the knock off K&N type (gauze) filters are not made the same as actual K&N brand filters.. Some of the cheaper filters are only 2 ply while the K&N are 4ply.. Something to look into when buying these type of filters.

I think the biggest problems with the K&N filters comes from user error.

You should run an outerwear on K&N whether your running sand or dirt...and K&N filters work better when they are a little dirty.People that over clean there filters do not realize that trapped particulates actually become part of the filter which aides in filtration.

I use to clean my K&N after every major ride,now i just clean the outerwear and maybe clean the filter 3 times the whole season.i burned through a lot of top ends before i realized why dirt kept getting into the intakes.