what goes here in this hole?

i'm putting my engine back together and i can't remember what goes here for the life of me, i swear i had one of those half circle plates like the ones behind the clutch to go here but i can't find it anywhere

it's on the top left of this picture, but still under the cover, the one with the two smaller holes next to it and the half circle around it

DSC00098.jpg

just wanted to give you a thought here. that basket looks pretty chewed and it looks like it was filed once already. I had a shifting problem and wound up snapping a couple clutch cables due to the grooves in the basket from the clutch plates til i finally replaced it with a barnett with steel inserts. I have had it apart twice since then in the past 2 years and not a scratch or dent and i'm still on the same cable as well. Just a thought though

just wanted to give you a thought here. that basket looks pretty chewed and it looks like it was filed once already. I had a shifting problem and wound up snapping a couple clutch cables due to the grooves in the basket from the clutch plates til i finally replaced it with a barnett with steel inserts. I have had it apart twice since then in the past 2 years and not a scratch or dent and i'm still on the same cable as well. Just a thought though

Actually that picture was taking from my engine assembly walkthrough. That is a billet basket with anodizing on it. All you are seeing in the picture is the anodizing being worn off. the basket itself is still nice and smooth. It has never once been filed down or worked on. The barnett baskets with the steel inserts are a bad idea. I've seen quite a few of them come apart and scatter the steel sections all around the engine. Bad news.