castor 927 smokeless smoking?

i usually run AMSOIL Interceptor in my bike. but I ran Maxima Castor 927 at the dunes because it seemed good. well my bike ran great at the dunes and there was no smoke. its smokeless blend so that's normal. well iv been home for about 3 weeks and started up my bike for the first time today and it smoked up a storm. never has my bike smoked this much.

does this oil go bad? it ran perfectly on the dunes.

its normal for a 2 stroke to blow a bit of smoke when cold, due the the oil not separating from the gas when cold. once warmed up the oil separate's and lubes the internals as the gas makes it way to the combustion area.

did it clear once warmed ?

did you shake the bike before starting ? i always shake the bike before starting to mix the gas in the tank.

actually the oil in the engine all pools up at the bottom of the motor and when you start it it has a lot of oil pooled and will burn out usually clears after a few mins of run time

i personally dont like 927 and smokeless is ONLY for indoor stadiums where it is required,. i would steer clear of that crap like the plague. as you have noticed it will smoke like nuts 927 if the bike is rich at all will also cake up and carbon shit very fast pipes and exhaust ports. you need to keep a lean tune and high pipe temps to keep that crud burned off and even then it still acumulates very hevily

927 in alky is ok if i run out of klotz.

this oil is crap compared to interceptor. I have started my bike after 3-4 months with interceptor and no excessive smoke. My bike runs clean cold or warm on this crap it was smoking like a chimney for 5-6 minutes.

I like interceptor much better. I cant comment on the preformance side of things because i havent cracked open my engine. but I know with my interceptor everything is super clean after a ton of use.

yeap!

bad thing is 927 is one of only a few oils that mixes with alky. but then again so does klotz..

in gas motors you have to run it for a long time to really see the build up. takes about 6-8 months. the worst oils i have seen were yamahalube ( horrible) and the 927.. most others seemed ok. but in gas bike i still prefer the walmart brand outboard tcw-3 oil. its kick ass. i have had really bad cases where the buildupo in the port actually blocks it off. !!!

I was also told to run the 927 from my builder, I would be switching from Amsoil Dominator. Maby not now after hearing about all the buildup. Never had that problem with the Dominator.

Edited by beebs

my favorite to run is powermist extreme, i ran that in my cr250 on alky. worked great. i actually have it in my quad currently, but for local buying i buy klotz or 927 and have no issues. i just really hate yamalube