inside stock banshee pipes!

camatv

cut some stockers apart for a project coming up kinda supprised what i found no wonder they are so heavy there is perforated steel form fitted and then insulation about 1/4 inch thick between the pipe and the perf. all the enlarged sections have this in them.. kinda crazy. bet once its all gone they will weigh a lot less and probably have a lil pingy to them..

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb180/camatv/internals%20of%20banshee%20pipes/?action=view&current=100_0344.jpg#!oZZ2QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs204.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fbb180%2Fcamatv%2Finternals%2520of%2520banshee%2520pipes%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3D100_0343.jpg

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb180/camatv/internals%20of%20banshee%20pipes/?action=view&current=100_0344.jpg#!oZZ3QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs204.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fbb180%2Fcamatv%2Finternals%2520of%2520banshee%2520pipes%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3D100_0342.jpg

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb180/camatv/internals%20of%20banshee%20pipes/?action=view&current=100_0341.jpg

I seem to remember there being a thread about this a while ago and they dynoed the stockers that had been cut open and had the stuff removed against FMF's and the stockers only made 2hp less as i remember... theres power to be made out of stockers you just have to work at it lmao, i have a 2 into 1 that i got for pretty much nothing, but if i want to switch to duals ill cut my stockers, strip them, and buy some DG type II silencers (ive always liked the look of them) to elimintae the restrictive stock baseball bats lol, goodluck and lmk how it goes :headbang:

i'm going to be doing a lot to these. not sure how it will work out but i want them to appear completely stock

i always thought that would be fun to build a completely stock looking banshee but have it worked to hell, lol 4 mill with a port job, gutted pipes and silencers, bored carbs, ported reed cages with boyeson reeds, pro design pro flow filter with modiffied air box, decked head, timing plate lmao you could make a kick ass banshee that looked totally stock :evil:

i always thought that would be fun to build a completely stock looking banshee but have it worked to hell, lol 4 mill with a port job, gutted pipes and silencers, bored carbs, ported reed cages with boyeson reeds, pro design pro flow filter with modiffied air box, decked head, timing plate lmao you could make a kick ass banshee that looked totally stock :evil:

that would be badass to have a sleeper like that...

i'm not going to go indepth in my plans for the bike ( right now) i will say this

totally stock aperance is what i am shooting for. thanks to josh i have the plastics for it . its code named barney. AHha!! ( 1996 purple and yellow full fenders ye ha!!)

4 mill is a lil to small for what i am going for. and your still not pushing it on the internals of the motor.. a lot of neato parts have come out int he last few years that will be totally unoticeable unless you really know what your looking for. i will say i am planing on running stock swing arm and worn out v paddles .. ( wheelie control) i am not planing on changing the stock pipe length i am going to change a lot with the silencers and the head pipe to main curve area. i will be attempting to make a low end/ mid motor as i dont think these pipes after mods will be able to handle much over 9k rpm wise if even that i do plan to test them on a 350cc motor i do plan on making my own steel silencers with the oem rear plates and my own stinger tubes with the OEM heat shields and OEM rubber grommets.

some of my friends know of what i am planning.. i have been thinking of this build for about 3 years now.

i have decided after getting these plastics that i am going to hold off on my yfz/shee project's and concentrate on this one..

Edited by camatv

and some of you may wonder why in the hell i would do this..

all i have to say is i really enjoy stockish looking bikes that are wayy to fast.. and anyone can go out and throw money at a bike and make it quick anybody with a check book and some phone numbers can order pretty much anything you want there is nothing wrong with that just this lil project is going to take some thinking and some fabrication and ingenuity. i dont think i will see another one ever.. i have the one end of the scale large cc all out dune drag bikes. and yea they are a blast but sometimes its a LOT of fun to freak people out with a stock framed bike that looks really slow..

i'm going to take pics as i build it. ok yea 95~!! whats the most fun to me was the first banshee i ever rode was the ugly ass purple and yellow. and i nearly hit a tree with it.. then i said WOW gotta get one of these! that was in 1997...