Race Fuel and Plug Reading?

beebs

One of the most accurate ways to check the main jetting on a pump fuel motor is with a plug chop. Is this also the best way on a race fuel motor? Been hearing of issues with having a hard time reading color on the porcelian(spelling?) when running race fuel. Is there a better way? Tried the search but didn't find what I was looking for.

The answer to your question is yes depending on the fuel. With some fuel and or oil combinations there may be very little color. I had a hard time with VP110 and Lucas semi synthetic oil mixed 40-1. The ring you read on the porcelain was a very faint yellow and instead of any brown color so I jetted the bike with a different oil and used the VP.

The answer to your question is yes depending on the fuel. With some fuel and or oil combinations there may be very little color. I had a hard time with VP110 and Lucas semi synthetic oil mixed 40-1. The ring you read on the porcelain was a very faint yellow and instead of any brown color so I jetted the bike with a different oil and used the VP.

Thanks for the reply Radar, I will be using VP-C12 and Castor 927 @ 32:1. So even being hard to read a plug chop with race fuel, is it still the best way? Was it more clear when you changed oils?