Al_Scrap

Coupelx

I bought the shocks he had listed.

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=143496

When i received them they didnt look like they had even been cleaned up much less rebuilt 10 hours ago. One of the shocks is leaking oil. it has run down the shock shaft and onto the bump stop which tells me this is not a new leak. Packaging was half-assed at best, escpecially for something going across canada and the US.

I PM'd him and explained that it was leaking and he said he would talk to his shock rebuilder. In the mean time i contacted Matts from socal suspension about having them rebuilt. i forwarded his response to AL_scrap who basically replied with a GFY. Dispute has been opened today with paypal for the price of rebuilding the one shock.

This is my first post in the bad seller forum after dozens of transactions here on BHQ. Sucks it had to happen.

All I can comment on is you're headed in the right direction with Matt. Good luck. I've not had many paypal disputes end in my favor unless it was through ebay. Seems they only care about their ebay and ignore any other transactions.

I sent him my rear shock to have rebuild and he was more than helpful with my n00b questions. I guess we will see what happens with paypal. they will be sent to him no matter what so i am ready to tear shit up this fall.

I sent him my rear shock to have rebuild and he was more than helpful with my n00b questions. I guess we will see what happens with paypal. they will be sent to him no matter what so i am ready to tear shit up this fall.

I'll take care of you, Homie. As soon as I saw that ad listed, I KNEW there was absolutely no way in humanity that those were rebuilt 10 hours ago. I guess ya live in learn.

If you need anything in writing for PayPal, I can get you a quote on the cost of the one rebuild.

Once I open them up, I can tell you pretty much for a fact, how old the oil is, and how old the seals are. If he flat out lied, PayPal should back you 100%.

I probably wont be able to get them to you before the dispute closes as the banshee fund is limited. he responded to the claim and whined like a bitch to paypal. i have pictures of the leak but no way to send them to paypal so at this point its his word against mine.

I'm curious to see that picture.

BTW I never say to GFY and never whine like a bitch to paypal, I expose the fact and give the same picture you see before buy... and I win...

Al

I will post the pics to show you are a liar.

• 1 month later...

Just an Update. I have these shocks right now, and all-in-all they are in relatively good shape. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY they were rebuilt 10 hours ago. The oil was EXTREMELY metallic, and smelly. Indicative of about 30-40 hours of use. The wrong seals were used in the seal heads, and needed to be replaced. They are NOW fresh shocks, ready to be run.

Nothing further, your honor.

• 1 month later...

wow! the picture says it all. Sorry to hear this happened to you couplex, i dont understand why people cant just sell there stuff and be honest about the condition. Its just gonna bite them in the ass. Now no one will buy from him unless they like fucked up parts banghead

It really wasnt even the fact that that it needed to be rebuilt. I absolutely hate being lied to!

Just an Update. I have these shocks right now, and all-in-all they are in relatively good shape. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY they were rebuilt 10 hours ago. The oil was EXTREMELY metallic, and smelly. Indicative of about 30-40 hours of use. The wrong seals were used in the seal heads, and needed to be replaced. They are NOW fresh shocks, ready to be run.

Nothing further, your honor.

I guess Al_Scrap should also find a new suspension guy.