Got no powerband!

Gikki44

It feels as if like in a car timing is not advancing correctly but it's just the stock plate. And to answer one of the previous questions yes the slides are opening all the way. The eyelits are lined ip in the holes at wot. I did however have to adjust that screw in the thumb throttle box to keep the eyelits lined up in the holes at wot. They were slightly above the holes. But the power loss actually starts before wot. Do ya think it's worth trying an adjustable timing plate and advancing a couple degrees

I was thinkin it feels lean too but for what mods I have I would think 280 should be good. And yes they are stock head pipes with fmf slip ons and I'm around 1100 feet

With stock pipes you aren't lean based on your elevation IMO. Sounds like it's time for a rebuild due to the difference in PSI in both cylinders. I recently had a buddy w/ similar problems and it ended up being bad crank bearings causing the issue and somehow it was throwing off the timing. So I guess you could try a different plate and play around with it, but most likely that isn't the cause.

Don't go putting a timing plate on until you figure out the problem. Fix the problem than do the timing. If its always had this stock timing plate in it leave it for now. Too me it shows like its fat on top since you are still running stock pipes. I could be wrong but find the problem before adding any more performance parts to it.

Well I did alittle ridin today. It seems wind out in first and second and bog a bit. But once u get it into third and above she rips pretty good. I tried the choke and it didn't make much if a change. If anything worse do I'm guessing it a bit too rich. I have 280's inthere now so I'm gonna try around 250 I'm guessin.

Well I did alittle ridin today. It seems wind out in first and second and bog a bit. But once u get it into third and above she rips pretty good. I tried the choke and it didn't make much if a change. If anything worse do I'm guessing it a bit too rich. I have 280's inthere now so I'm gonna try around 250 I'm guessin.

You need to run this thing WOT in 5th or 6th, kill it, pull in the clutch coast to a stop and pull out the plugs and check the color. Black is rich, tan is good, white is lean.