albany, oregon sand drags

Big Bucks

albany motorsports park is putting on a 4yh of july race sun, mon. there will be sport and pro bracket along with index heads up cars and bikes and utvs are accepted, i would like to see some new faces ,come on out and see just what , and how fast your bike is, time slips dont lie.....

This will be a fun event. For the new guys Im gonna cover just a few things to help you out. First off you dont need to be a drag racer, or own a drag bike to attend and race this or any other event at Albany. There is a class or classes that EVERYONE can enter and compete in. If you have kids bring them! There are 2 kids classes in both classes the parents can be on the track with them to help, and be sure they are safe. If you have a wife/girlfriend(s) bring them! They can compete and have fun also! You will need a helmet, and your bike must be in working order. Brakes must work!!! Other than that there isnt going to be alot required. You will have to wear close toe shoes, I sugest some sort of work boot or romeos. I would also suggest a long sleeve shirt, but you will be able to race in a t-shirt. You do not need a flag, wheelie bar, special license, etc. If you have never been to a drag race before take a few minutes before you run and go up and watch how the lights work, and if you have ANY questions, just ask someone. We as racers LOVE to see new faces and new people gain intrest in the sport and most will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have! Some suggestions.. Dont feel rushed, there is ample time to change gearing, jetting, reeds, pipes, tires, motors, etc between rounds. They will call classes several times over the loud system before you need to be in line. DO NOT LOOK BACK AFTER YOU CROSS THE FINISH LINE TO SEE IF YOU WON OR NOT!!! this has bit quite a few people in the ass and caused wrecks. When you get back to stagging after coming down the return road they will let you know who won. DO NOT RACE PAST THE FINISH LINE! the race ends at 300' the racing surface ends shortly after that and isnt made to accelerate on in the shut down area, again this has caused several people to crash! IF YOU ARE GONNA HIT A WALL/SPRINKLER/OTHER RACER LET OFF!!! its not worth crashing yourself your bike, the equipment, or other people to see if your gonna run a faster time. Simply let off, go around, and make another pass. When you get your time slips the winner gets the white slip, and the other gets the yellow slip. And most important HAVE FUN!!

I went sunday for the first time,I highly ENCOURAGE everyone to go!!. that was the first time i had ever been to a track and i had a BLAST! everyone i spoke to was super nice and helpful.the food was great and the track was killer, even if you go just to watch its still super fun.. :headbang:

I went sunday for the first time,I highly ENCOURAGE everyone to go!!. that was the first time i had ever been to a track and i had a BLAST! everyone i spoke to was super nice and helpful.the food was great and the track was killer, even if you go just to watch its still super fun.. :headbang:

bump, whos coming, garenteed a good time

• 2 weeks later...

bump, whos coming, garenteed a good time

ok its time, whos coming? im heading out in the morning, we'll be drinking and having a great time, stop by and say whats up