could use some advice on next mods

So I could use some of your guys help in my next step for budget/cheaper mods.

I ride at 0 to 500 feet. Mostly in the dunes.

So far what I have or have done.

T5's

No air box with K&N

Main jet 310. Pilot 27.5.

Would like to here some of your guys help. I don't want to do much to the motor its self right now. Might do a small port job?

Thx guys.

Depends on how much $$$ you want to spend.

Timing plate at +4 is a good cheap mod.

V-Force3 reeds.

Cool head or milled stock head.

Your stock carbs will run great even on a ported motor. They can run on an easy 70HP bike.

I would honestly work on getting all your bolt ons first before you think about porting. Once you've got all the basic bolt ons, pull your cylinders and send them to Brandon at Wildcard Racing and let him work his porting magic on them :bolt:

Awesome thank man.

With the reeds what do I have to get for that and what kinda money would I be looking at.

I looked into the timing plate today. Seemed like a real cheap mod for what you get.

I will take your advice on the porting. I am a total nood to banshees.

Awesome thank man.

With the reeds what do I have to get for that and what kinda money would I be looking at.

I looked into the timing plate today. Seemed like a real cheap mod for what you get.

I will take your advice on the porting. I am a total nood to banshees.

There are cheaper brands of reeds out there, but I won't run anything but V Force...its all personal opinion though.

Best price I've seen on reeds are these on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Banshee-V-Force-3-Reeds-Cages-VForce-Yamaha-YFZ-350-/330540820922?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cf5c4a9ba#ht_636wt_933

Yeah timing plate is a well $40-50 spent. I run a Ricky Stator timing plate, but the Chariot plates are really nice as well.

aftermarket reeds on stock cages is a good option i cannot tell the difference between them and my old vforces.

Rather than waste money on a coolhead, put it towards porting. mill the stock head .030 or so and have fun.

so i could just get the reed part and dont have to get a aftermarket cage as of right now. like these ones you posted. :shrugani:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Boyesen-Power-Reeds-Yamaha-Banshee-1987-2006-/280640960301?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item415781372d

Ya, those big buck reeds are great, if you really can use them. Do a search for "ported reed cage", Most any example EXCEPT by slomo will help show what's needed. Single stage CF will benifit top end power while dual stage will benifit low end throttle response. Depends on riding style / what you want. I didn't think much of porting the cages until I saw some pics and really looked at them (actually feel them). I'm slow, spent maybe two hours on the Blasturd cage with Dremel. Next time I have the shee down I'll do them, probably go little quicker. :cheers: