How long is your swinger

Loc

Hey guys I am having a problem with the new build. I just put together a 421 Cub engine and it has alot more power than I used to run. I am running a +4 swinger now and that is not enough. I cant keep the front end on the ground at all. I weigh in right at 135lbs and I am sure that is not helping my issue. I ride only in sand and 50/50 drag and dune. How long of a swinger are you all riding on. I know that the longer it is the harder it is to turn and function as a dune bike, but I cant ride worth a shit when the front tires never touch the ground. Thanks. Also if you have a profile pic of the bike post it up. Thanks

Gain some weight and sit on the tank. :jesterlaugh:

Seriously I dont think I'd want anything bigger than a +6 unless I was only dragging. I have a +4 and my front comes up on a stock cylinder bike so on a cub I suppose it would be a pain in the ass.

It really is a pain in the ass. Went over backwards and broke the tailbone a couple days ago. I was thinking either an 8 or 6 but not sure if the 6 would offer much help.

i run a +8 on my stock cyl 4mill and I love it. I can wheelie up any hill and with a little effort I can wheely in flat areas. I thought it would be too long but I can get all my power to the ground on big hill climbs and that was not even close to being possible with the stock swinger.

with your weight I would def. go with a +8 but depends on your gearing and the paddle you are running. You can run a little more pressure in your tires to help keep the front end down but you will be giving up traction. Play with gearing, # of paddles and tire pressure to get what you want. You should be able to get the front end under control with those changes and your current length of swing arm.

I am a 50/50 drag dune guy as well. only ride in sand. I have +4 and will keep it that way. I weigh 170. try working your clutch a little. feather it to keep the front end down. or become intimately familiar with your foot break. Along with all the other suggestions above. check my profile to see my bike if you want.

My brother had a 4 mil cub, 94 hp, 175lbs, running 12 paddle ultra lites. He tried running with a 6 but it wasn't effective. Switched to an 8 and loved it but lost a little dunability. I can imagine that is more than a handful on a 4.

I have a 421 also and I am running a +5 right now and I weigh 220 and it is very hard for me to keep it on the ground if I am drag racing. I am going to build one 2 inches longer and see if that will help. I do lots of tree shots and trail riding so I am going to try and keep it as short as I can but want to be able to launch it when I am racing also.